LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
:confused:Ok say ur doing a coil over setup in da back were do the powerballs go and if welded on wrong spot what are sum ways of taking it off without having to buy a total new pair of powerballs:confused:
you weld it on where your old spring sat on the axle. weld the powerball to a piece of c-channel and tack-weld that to the axle until u get the PB's in the correct location then fully weld, do it rite the first time homie

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
/\ Thats a good idea. Its hard to figure out exactly what the correct placement will be sometimes. But typically parallel with the pinion on stock suspensions.

The axle housing, on most cars, has a lower spring saddle thats not very strong. Its a good idea to cut that off, use a piece of channel or fish-mouthed tubing (3" c- channel with 3/16" flats is most common), weld your powerball onto that, then weld to the axle housing.

This aint a lincoln, but its basically what the mounting will look like on any axle mounted setup.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Get to a angle grinder to get it off

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
if ur suspension is completly in the stock location right under the holes u cut. grab a level and level it out make sure ur cyl. is stright from left to right and front to back and there u got its not rocket science.
pretty easy

909 923 5553
hopposonline.com

HOPPOS CUSTOM SUSPENSION WORKS

·
Hard 2 Please
3,550 Posts
k whats a c chanel look like il probably gt it taday
well when you get to the steel yard theyll know what it is. I believe youll need 3" c chamnel and about 6" of it. I think mine mwasures an inch longer on both sides of the powerball. hope this helps

·
Registered
8,414 Posts

This is c-channel. 3" lengths of 3" C-channel work good for powerball mounts. 3/16" flats are common with 3" channel,you just weld the powerball to the channel, then weld the channel to the bare round tube of the axle housing. (running sideways so as 3 points of the channel are touching the axle housing)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts