LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've never tried it, but at the local paint shop where they sell HOK, they said that you can use whatever brand you want as long as you stick within that brand for each step.

He said that most people only buy HOK paint and not their primers. He said the only thing is you wouldn't have a warranty. Don't know how reliable that is, but that is what the guy selling it told me.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
:dunno: I had problems using the omin paint and clear using the hok intercoat , but never really figured out what caused it, damn ppg rep lost my sample....

·
Registered
16 Posts
with hok kp21 you get 2 gallons mixed(1:1) its epoxy and sandable if you take your car down to bare metal(i did) you better get an epoxy primer on there 2k primer will absorb moisture like a sponge i used 2 gallons of kp21(400.00) to paint my galaxie. mike

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
man i use wut ever i like to use... i always shoot ppg basecoat 2 coats... then 2 coats of hok basecoat... then... 4 coats hok kandy... then 4 coats of PPG clear.... i've used the hok clear and i like how the ppg clear lays out better... and last's just as long on kandies

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Aug 10 2005, 12:12 AM~3574781
man i use wut ever i like to use... i always shoot ppg basecoat 2 coats... then 2 coats of hok basecoat... then... 4 coats hok kandy... then 4 coats of PPG clear.... i've used the hok clear and i like how the ppg clear lays out better... and last's just as long on kandies
2002 clear is the shit!!! :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts