LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody wanna sell me a rack for a buick regal??
i want it to have 2 batts on each side of the trunk and the pumps in the middle...if anybody is interested let me know..or let me know how much to have one made..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,551 Posts
i have some racks for sale, but they are for 36 volts and some for 48 volts and one for 60 volts... all bolt down racks, all they need is the chroming done.. I'm waiting to chrome 'em then I'm gonna sell them...

i can email you pics and prices if you don't want to stick with your 24 volt idea...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Hey man, have you tried lifting your car with 24 volts? I have a cutty and tried just to bleed the l;ines and it wouldn't do shit. I had to run atleast 36 to raise the car. Just trying to give you a heads up if you haven't tried already. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i heard that before..but see i know a guy that only got 3 batts for 2 pumps and its on a big ass delta 88 and his car pops up pretty good...but yea i was thinking of going with 24v to start with cuz its my first set up..but i'm thinking of getting a 36v rack so then if i want i can add the other 2 batts later..or just got with 36v to start off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,607 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 23 2003, 05:05 PM
yea i heard that before..but see i know a guy that only got 3 batts for 2 pumps and its on a big ass delta 88 and his car pops up pretty good...but yea i was thinking of going with 24v to start with cuz its my first set up..but i'm thinking of getting a 36v rack so then if i want i can add the other 2 batts later..or just got with 36v to start off.
fuck that run 48 to both front and back.... you should be straight...line up all 8 batts along the ass......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 23 2003, 05:05 PM
yea i heard that before..but see i know a guy that only got 3 batts for 2 pumps and its on a big ass delta 88 and his car pops up pretty good...but yea i was thinking of going with 24v to start with cuz its my first set up..but i'm thinking of getting a 36v rack so then if i want i can add the other 2 batts later..or just got with 36v to start off.
Ya, when I hooked up the 3rd battery it jumped up. Honestly I would run a single bay of 4 at 48 volts. @4 volts would be way too slow if it will even lift that heavy ass car. Not to mention the charge won't last for shit either. Your best bet would be to get the rack off volv_lo and then you can add more batts. when you get the hang of it. If you can weld then I would fab. my own rack that way it would be exactly how you want it and not have to pay anyone else to do it. Sorry for the post and good luck. :cool:
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Sep 23 2003, 06:17 PM~1096078
Hey man, have you tried lifting your car with 24 volts?  I have a cutty and tried just to bleed the l;ines and it wouldn't do shit.  I had to run atleast 36 to raise the car.  Just trying to give you a heads up if you haven't tried already. ;)
something isnt right on your setup.


I have lifted caddies, g-bodies, impalas, trucks (mini and fullsize) even a 1965 vert caddy all with just 24 volts front and rear, probably one of the heaviest I have ever worked on was the 65 caddy, 24 volts would raise with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,025 Posts
I had my 59 at 48v, and ended up going back to 24v, it lifts it just fine. Not that I dont like the hard pipe hittin shit, just didnt want that on that car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,240 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 18 2006, 10:42 AM~6393003
something isnt right on your setup.
I have lifted caddies, g-bodies, impalas, trucks (mini and fullsize) even a 1965 vert caddy all with just 24 volts front and rear, probably one of the heaviest I have ever worked on was the 65 caddy, 24 volts would raise with no problems.
yeah i had my 64 ran 24volts before I did the frame and it lifted fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 23 2003, 02:36 PM~1095957
anybody wanna sell me a rack for a buick regal??
i want it to have 2 batts on each side of the trunk and the pumps in the middle...if anybody is interested let me know..or let me know how much to have one made..
I must have missed this when he first posted but, I know where there is a rack for 6 batteries with the pumps in the middle and it is local to you. But then aren't you going to get rid of the car anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by PUFFINALLDAY@Oct 18 2006, 09:40 AM~6393355
QUOTE(capone530 @ Sep 23 2003, 02:36 PM)
Look at the date???  :puffin:
Damn, I missed that part of the date. I normally don't miss it but damn, I am slippin'. No wonder I did not see it recently. Hmm, just goes to show how much capone is serious about juicing the ride. He still has the car but it is still not juiced. Supreme, stop bringig up these old topics homie. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 18 2006, 10:42 AM~6393003
something isnt right on your setup.
I have lifted caddies, g-bodies, impalas, trucks (mini and fullsize) even a 1965 vert caddy all with just 24 volts front and rear, probably one of the heaviest I have ever worked on was the 65 caddy, 24 volts would raise with no problems.
This was 3yrs ago and if I remember correctly, it was a bad battery. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 18 2006, 11:42 AM~6393003
something isnt right on your setup.
I have lifted caddies, g-bodies, impalas, trucks (mini and fullsize) even a 1965 vert caddy all with just 24 volts front and rear, probably one of the heaviest I have ever worked on was the 65 caddy, 24 volts would raise with no problems.
x2 right now I have 2 batts in my caddy to move it from point A to B 2 pumps and it moves regular.

10 batts in a 78 caprice 2batts to the rear and that shit is bang...
 

·
The Great White Hype
Joined
·
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 23 2003, 05:04 PM~1096047
i have some racks for sale, but they are for 36 volts and some for 48 volts and one for 60 volts...  all bolt down racks,  all they need is the chroming done..  I'm waiting to chrome 'em then I'm gonna sell them...

i can email you pics and prices if you don't want to stick with your 24 volt idea...

I'm interrested in those racks your talking about, pm sent!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top