LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought 4 pressure gauges 5000 lb luquid i put them on the filler ports..... they looks pretty cool...but they dont do anything/// how come they dont do nothing... do they have to have oil pressure to them/???? how do i get oil to them do i have to over fill the pumps? so when i dump it the extra oil will try to excape the tank and hit the gauges and meter the pressure?? i dont wanna overfill the tanks tho /////either way they look cool :)

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by TUXNUTZ@Oct 19 2003, 07:04 PM
ok i bought 4 pressure gauges 5000 lb luquid i put them on the filler ports..... they looks pretty cool...but they dont do anything/// how come they dont do nothing... do they have to have oil pressure to them/???? how do i get oil to them do i have to over fill the pumps? so when i dump it the extra oil will try to excape the tank and hit the gauges and meter the pressure?? i dont wanna overfill the tanks tho /////either way they look cool :)
they need to be inline

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you plumb a guage as your tank cap and want it to meter the pressure, lock up your ride and thread in the gauge... Teflon tape is a must... It will then register the pressure you have put on the tank when you dump your ride.

I think it'll only be about 7 pounds... (don't quote me) :biggrin:

Last edited by vwlownslo at Oct 19 2003, 09:14 PM

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well he said he put them in the fill ports... So I told him how he can make the gauge read tank pressure... To measure the pump pressure, tee off your pressure hose and add the gauge inline.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
If you lift your car up all the way and thread them in the tank and drop your car, it will blow your tanks off, dont do that.

You need to plumb them inline so that they are on the pressure side of your dumps.

If you want gauges on your tanks you need to get different ones, your tanks can only hold about 35 psi ;)

Last edited by ALOW1 at Oct 19 2003, 07:33 PM

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Oct 19 2003, 09:31 PM
If you lift your car up all the way and thread them in the tank and drop your car, it will blow your tanks off, dont do that.
Really? I have talked to several LIL people who have said this is the best way to pressurize your tank.....

I know if you lock up your ride and continue to fill the tank you will blow it off, but not by tightening down the plug while your ride is lifted.... Thats news to me...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Oct 19 2003, 07:31 PM

You need to plumb them inline so that they are on the pressure side of your dumps.

If you want gauges on your tanks you need to get different ones, your tanks can only hold about 35 psi ;)
You can put way more than 35 p.s.i. in your tanks. I know guys who put 3 times that in there tanks. But you have to have backing plates also. Just by locking the car up and then putting in the gauge shouldn't be that much pressure.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo+Oct 19 2003, 08:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwlownslo @ Oct 19 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Oct 19 2003, 09:31 PM
Really? I have talked to several LIL people who have said this is the best way to pressurize your tank.....

I know if you lock up your ride and continue to fill the tank you will blow it off, but not by tightening down the plug while your ride is lifted.... Thats news to me...[/b][/quote]
LOL, your right my bad. I dont know why I was thinking he was going to lock it up top it off then screw it on. I have seen somebody do that to theirs and blow the tank off ;)

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by 82 REGAL+Oct 19 2003, 09:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (82 REGAL @ Oct 19 2003, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Oct 19 2003, 07:31 PM

If you want gauges on your tanks you need to get different ones, your tanks can only hold about 35 psi  ;)
You can put way more than 35 p.s.i. in your tanks. I know guys who put 3 times that in there tanks. But you have to have backing plates also. Just by locking the car up and then putting in the gauge shouldn't be that much pressure.[/b][/quote]
105 PSI in their tanks? I think I will just stick with the 30 I run.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok im heren u guys now how to run it inline n shit...... i kinda just bew money on the gauges but with 4 pumps mad battereis n shit the gauges just add a bomb like look...lol i just like when people go whoaaa whats that even tho they dont do shit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts