LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

pressure lock?

865 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  flaco78 
G
#1 ·
my adex is stuck in the open postion so i think its pressure locked, the lil pin on the bottom is stuck in is there anything i can do to correct this with out disassemblin the dump?

#3 ·
Usually dirt in the valve.

If it is pressure locked, thats usually when the car is locked up, its not pressure locked if the valve is stuck open because there is no pressure on it.

Try this,

Drop the car down (although if its open it probaly is) , make sure there isn't any weight on the dump. You can crack the lines to get it down. You only have to crack any lines going to the dump with the problem.

USING A PLASTIC HANDLE (screwdriver) PUSH (using only the plastic handle) the bottom pin (shaft) on the dump valve while SOMEONE IS HOLDING THE SWITCH IN THE DUMP POSITION. Once you get the shaft pushed in, have someone hit the switch up to flush out the dump. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SHAFT UNTIL THE PUMP MOTOR COMPLETELY STOPS SPINNING.

Andy sais 9-10 times it's dirt in the spool. the other 1 time is a loose wire.

Make sure the solenoid to the valve clicks when there is no pressure on it after you've done this. If not, it may be a wiring problem

#4 ·
i had a similar problem with mine we were at a show and the last hop of the day we had a run away pump so we pulled the discconect n thought fuk it fix it tommorow ,i didnt think that leaving it locked up all night would hurt so after we swapped the sols n motors i tried to dump it n it didnt do nuttin took it off n tried to push the button on the bottom notthing after a few hitts of the switch in the dump possition it finaly started working again 2 mins before we was due to hop again its never done it since :)

G
#6 ·
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 3 2006, 01:32 PM~6096474
Usually dirt in the valve.

If it is pressure locked, thats usually when the car is locked up, its not pressure locked if the valve is stuck open because there is no pressure on it.
Try this,

Drop the car down (although if its open it probaly is) , make sure there isn't any weight on the dump. You can crack the lines to get it down. You only have to crack any lines going to the dump with the problem.

USING A PLASTIC HANDLE (screwdriver) PUSH (using only the plastic handle) the bottom pin (shaft) on the dump valve while SOMEONE IS HOLDING THE SWITCH IN THE DUMP POSITION. Once you get the shaft pushed in, have someone hit the switch up to flush out the dump. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SHAFT UNTIL THE PUMP MOTOR COMPLETELY STOPS SPINNING.
Andy sais 9-10 times it's dirt in the spool. the other 1 time is a loose wire.

Make sure the solenoid to the valve clicks when there is no pressure on it after you've done this.  If not, it may be a wiring problem

the shaft/pin on the bottom is already pushed in (its stuck like that), do yu have sum instructions you could email me or sumthing on how to correctrly disaamble and reaaemble the dump?

G
#8 ·
Originally posted by yetti@Sep 4 2006, 11:58 AM~6101020
if you take it apart there goes the warannty, just send it back to Andy, always stands behind his dumps. :biggrin:

thas what i want to do but i wonder how long he'd have it for??? and i been tryin to get ahold of him but i havent yet reached him.....

#10 ·
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 4 2006, 05:15 AM~6100014
But you didn't hit the "BUTTON" (shaft) when it was pressure locked right??  You cracked the lines first???  You can seriously damages squares from doing that.....

yeah we cracked the lines we had the dump outa the car dunno y it did it n it aint done it since :cheesy:

#13 ·
Originally posted by stevie d@Sep 4 2006, 04:14 PM~6102028
yeah we cracked the lines we had the dump outa the car dunno y it did it n it aint done it since  :cheesy:

Usually contamination. Like if you blow a pump head and run the garbage through. Or some metal filing from, say the tank cap chrome gets into the oil, then passes through the pump head, then gets to the tightest passage, the dump valve, then gets lodged in the spool...

Lots of possible reasons, glad it works now... :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.