LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Jul 26 2005, 02:42 PM
Alright cool, now i get got to get my mids and highs and i should be set
[snapback]3482908[/snapback]​
you already going with the RE subs..get the RE components too!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont know anything about them i went to there site and the info on them is close to nothing, I need something really clean i was going with some MB quart 6 1/2 QSD's but droped that and im going with Image Dynamics CXS6 2, hopefully i get some nice sound out of those, anybody run those RE components? whats ur honest opion on those?

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Jul 26 2005, 03:01 PM
were the xxx really clean? what would u compare them to?
[snapback]3483136[/snapback]​
they sounded awesome man..they are pretty damn expensive though. i'd only get them if you can run them in a sealed environment.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jul 26 2005, 02:07 PM
they sounded awesome man..they are pretty damn expensive though. i'd only get them if you can run them in a sealed environment.
[snapback]3483202[/snapback]​
Not to mention a huge environment. Those motors are HUGE.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How Much if u dont know thats cool I can just ask the guy when i pick up my subs.
Im bearly getting into the audio seen so what do u mean by sealed environment? is that putting that matting all around? im not to worried about the size i can always just mold something up i guess, its all going into a chevy 2500 4 door so I'll find some room if i have to

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Jul 26 2005, 02:16 PM
How Much  if u dont know thats cool I can just ask the guy when i pick up my subs.
Im bearly getting into the audio seen so what do u mean by sealed environment? is that putting that matting all around? im not to worried about the size i can always just mold something up i guess, its all going into a chevy 2500 4 door so I'll find some room if i have to
[snapback]3483296[/snapback]​
Sealed environment means sealed enclosure. You'd have to build some sort of enclosure in your door to house the woofer.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Jul 26 2005, 03:24 PM
Damn i dont think i can make a box in my door look nice at all  , i guess its back to the ID's
[snapback]3483368[/snapback]​
um...if it's IN the door..you wouldn't see it.

it'd probably end up being some fiberglassed buildouts on the door...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the box can just be really small just enough to hold the spreaker? if i can make them work and the price isnt to out of hand i might just go that way, Im getting this old style PPI 4800 amplifier , it says its 200x4 rms so hopefully it can power those things

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Jul 26 2005, 03:42 PM
So the box can just be really small just enough to hold the spreaker? if i can make them work and the price isnt to out of hand  i might just go that way, Im getting this old style PPI  4800 amplifier , it says its 200x4 rms so hopefully it can power those things
[snapback]3483511[/snapback]​
you need about .25 to .5 sealed...stuffed with some fill.

you CAN run them infinite baffle...but i would deaden the hell out of your doors and seal them up as much as possible.

I think they are about 250 per pair and your on your own for crossovers.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
  1ofaknd Posted Today, 02:47 PM
  QUOTE(Iced2 @ Jul 26 2005, 03:42 PM)
So the box can just be really small just enough to hold the spreaker? if i can make them work and the price isnt to out of hand  i might just go that way, Im getting this old style PPI  4800 amplifier , it says its 200x4 rms so hopefully it can power those things

you need about .25 to .5 sealed...stuffed with some fill.

you CAN run them infinite baffle...but i would deaden the hell out of your doors and seal them up as much as possible.

I think they are about 250 per pair and your on your own for crossovers.

LoL damn and i thought that hardest part of my system "subs" was done, well if these things are really that good I'll just have to give it a shot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts