LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone know how much it would run to replace a ht 4100 in a 80's model cadillac with a 350 and what all is needed to do it? And how long would it take to do it? Any info is helpful thanks...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by dlacboy@Mar 3 2010, 04:34 AM~16781661
Thanks
lol, no problem, your best bet is to phone around as prices vary in different states/countries.... but im pretty sure you will get an rough estimate from posters on here, i have not had the pleasure of having to rebuild my transmission so im not of alot of assistance.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
took me a month and a half workin nearly every day on it. Mine ran over $2000 but mostly because i wanted it to look good. Theres no limit to how much you can spend, but the bare minimum for a rebuilt engine and doing everything else correctly id say your looking at a grand or more

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by dlacboy@Mar 3 2010, 04:49 PM~16786313
Other than the 350 how much other stuff would I need?
Depends how thorough you want to work the engine over as far as replacing parts and chroming goes. Bare minimum to just drop it in and go, i'd at least replace spark plugs, plug wires, air & oil filters and power steering fluid since it'll be disconnected anyways. A coolant flush too when you first get it running. So around $100-150 in maintenance stuff. Other than that, it would be up to you to decide if you were going to change out any sensors, the water pump, thermostat, and things like that, just as preventative maintenance so you know everything is working 100%. Exhaust is a consideration too since you'll need to run pipe after the manifolds or headers anyways. Then if you're removing the manifolds, might as well take the valve covers and intake manifold off and paint the engine block...........ya get where this is going :biggrin: All on you and how much time & money you want to spend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What would be the easiest motor to replace the ht4100? 350 427 368 307? Just wondering about that

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by dlacboy@Mar 5 2010, 05:47 AM~16803384
What would be the easiest motor to replace the ht4100? 350 427 368 307? Just wondering about that
I'm no caddy expert by far but a 305/350/327 should be a very straight forward swap. Fuck a 307, hard to find upgrade parts, upgraded parts don't swap over for the most part with other engines, and they're just plain slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts