LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for 16" or 18" wires for a FWD Monte. I'll need everything to install adapters, knock-offs, wrench and what ever else. I'd prefer used. I can pick up if close to Mooresville, NC. Bolt pattern is 5x115. That's all that will work for the car and needs a high offset, like 38mm +

Thanks.

·
1975 Caprice Classic
8,048 Posts
I'm looking for 16" or 18" wires for a FWD Monte. I'll need everything to install adapters, knock-offs, wrench and what ever else. I'd prefer used. I can pick up if close to Mooresville, NC. Bolt pattern is 5x115. That's all that will work for the car and needs a high offset, like 38mm +Thanks.
Didn't know they made a fwd Monte in any year pics curious to see what it looks like

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah FWD wires break seals n stuff alot, Atleast from people i know and a few they knew. You should just go wit standards. My friend had sum 17" standards on his, looked real clean. Prices just vary, here, in Dallas, they sell brand new17" wire for bout $800, for player wire. Cheaper brands are like 500-700. Never priced Dayton or zeniths, but O.G.'s will run bout 1000 on up, depending where ya go. Used wires will hit ya for bout $200-600 depending on brand and seller

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....Used wires will hit ya for bout $200-600 depending on brand and seller
for a set? or each? hopefully i can find a set for $300/$400? will standards work, i have disc brakes front and rear? regular aftermarket wheels for this car calls for at least +38 offset. what exactly is standard offset? right in the middle? I guess really the issue is the adapters, with 5x115 pattern. I have to wonder why the FWD has such issues?frontend geometry huh? thanks for helping

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Used should run about 300-600 for a complete set ready to install depending on condition. I've heard so many issues with FWD wires, that i would even second guess buying them brand new. Standards will work but will stick out a little bit (1/2" to 1" or so).

http://www.layitlow.com/tech.shtml#wheeloffset

5 x 115mm is most likely 5 x 114.3mm which is the same as 5 x 4.5" Thats the small pattern on most 15 hole adapters since they'll have 5 x 4.5", 5 x 4.75", and 5 x 5"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Used should run about 300-600 for a complete set ready to install depending on condition. I've heard so many issues with FWD wires, that i would even second guess buying them brand new. Standards will work but will stick out a little bit (1/2" to 1" or so).

http://www.layitlow.com/tech.shtml#wheeloffset

5 x 115mm is most likely 5 x 114.3mm which is the same as 5 x 4.5" Thats the small pattern on most 15 hole adapters since they'll have 5 x 4.5", 5 x 4.75", and 5 x 5"
ok Thanks. On to search the forum some more for some 16" or 18" that are 4.5" standard offset. worst that could happen is I have to put them on the impala.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah 20's mite b a tite fit, specially wen turning, but it can b done. But 17's will fit just like that. And yes the prices i gave are for sets, not each, but then again thats around here. Could b different where u are.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
20's will fit with 255/35 20 tires or even 30 series tires. As far as wires go, either standards and they'll stick out and look out of place or fwd and be prone to all the issues that go along with them. Why not just get some nice used "face" wheels in the correct offset for your car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"face"? don't laugh, but I don't know what that means? I'm scouring craigslist everyday for any kind of wheel, some in the price range and that will fit. the boss says gotta be under $400 cause she found a used tire place that has original tires for cheap. can't catch a break here can I, lol I'm not giving up someone somewhere will have something just hope I don't have a blowout before then, lol thanks for the reply.

20's will fit with 255/35 20 tires or even 30 series tires. As far as wires go, either standards and they'll stick out and look out of place or fwd and be prone to all the issues that go along with them. Why not just get some nice used "face" wheels in the correct offset for your car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts