LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna primer my 96 caprice black while i customize it and think of how im gonna designe it. but i saw in a previouse topic about primer someone said something about rust....my car is parked outside all the time. is this opening my car to huge rust problems or is there like a sealer or sumthing that they can put over the primer.... i dont know crap about paint stuff so any info would be great :dunno:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
primer does not seal the car... some people say it will even absorb water.. maybe try a good epoxy primer, that might make a difference...

·
Registered
949 Posts
If I gonna sit a car for a while ..
I use an epoxy let it dry over night and spray just a 2pak topcoat the next day without sandin , Then ya leave it for however long U want with no troubles .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I heard that if you primer yur car while yer outside moisture can get in and it could rust from the inside out. Thats why its best to primer it inside. I don't hava garage so, Imma get macco to do it, that way if it rust I can sew them!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
im leaving the original paint on my caprice .. even tho it looks like shit.. im workin on my guts and other things before im ready for paint.. and thru tha winter. i think paint would protect more than primer...why waste tha money..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts