LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im repainting my 1996 chevy s-10 blazer again. Im gonna paint it Kandy cobalt blue this time around. I'v got a question though, its getting cold out side. Im getting the car reprimed. I am using just the cheap napa primer. I was woundering if the car aint gonna be painted for another few months (I think its getting to cold for the paint to actually dry) . SOuld I use some epoxy primer or a primer sealer to help protect the primer? Im also woundering if there are any products out there that seal the primer and bodywork to help prevent chipping or anything like that? DOes napa have some good epoxy primers/sealers? Or should I got with House of Kolor or PPG? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
131 Posts
Need to just rent or buy a salamander or heater of somekind and paint it. You should be able to make sealer using your primer that you allready have. You just have to reduce it. The only time you need to use sealer is when you have new parts, mostly plastic and some metals, that dont need primered..so you seal it so the paint will stick better. Your gonna have to block your truck before you paint it anyways..so its kind pointless to put more on it or to protect it.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
PPG DP90..BLACK PRIMER /SEALER..KILLS RUST..YOU CAN ROLL WITH THAT FOR DAYS....DOES A GOOD JOB...OR USE ANY URATHANE PRIMER LIKE THE KIND 5 STAR SELLS...OR EVERCOAT...

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
LAY IT THICK SO WHEN YOU READY TO PAINT..ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT WETSAND WITH 400 AND THEN WITH 600 AND A GRAY SCUFF PAD WITH SOME TING... :biggrin: :biggrin: AND SHES READY 4 THE PAINT

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U know what thats a pretty good idea, never thought about it like that. Alright then cool :biggrin: Thanks guys, Chris

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by MRIMPALA2000510@Dec 26 2003, 11:09 AM
LAY IT THICK SO WHEN YOU READY TO PAINT..ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT WETSAND WITH 400 AND THEN WITH 600 AND A GRAY SCUFF PAD WITH SOME TING... :biggrin: :biggrin: AND SHES READY 4 THE PAINT

Now that's some good advice :thumbsup:
Sanding it like that will also get rid of anything that might have been absorbed by the primer, and because it's thick you still have plenty of primer as foundation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts