LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN I GET MY NEW RIDE I WANNA PAINT IT LIKE A ROYAL BLUE, THE BLUE OFF THE NEW CADDY EXT, THEN I WANNA PUT SUM PRISM FLAKE IN THE CLEAR, WILL THAT WORK? FLAKE OVER A SINGLE STAGE?
ALSO IS PRISM FLAKE SPRAYED THE SAME AS NORMAL FLAKE? JUS MIKED IN THE CLEAR?

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes but it would look better over candy blue (hok oriental or cobalt)
old school flake has some sik prism flake there rectangle in shape instead of square.. and damn they change more colors the micheal jackson... www.innate.com they have a 30 second vid or at least they used to i have some of that flake my self it's sick just to that site and look for old school flake and look around . hope this helps

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by ree85@Dec 25 2003, 05:35 PM
yes but it would look better over candy blue (hok oriental or cobalt)
NO!

You never ever ever lay anykind of flake OVER a kandi it's just a custome painter's sin.

come to think of it I think using prism flake is a custome painters sin too.

but if you realy want to I would put it under a candy cobolt blue.

as for useing single stage base. I would just save some money by getting base coat clear coat combo. You have to use clear for the flake anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i tried that and the only color you see is green and blue but if it was candy red or orange you would see orange or red correct... i don't know i built a model of my friends 63 galaxie and he has base orion silver followed by oriental blue than clear with rainbow flake on top and it looks sik... technically you should only spray flake under candy but with rainbow you'll only get what ever color contrasts with the topcoat... but i gotta go captain n coke gettin me bent ... happy holidays

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
What would be the proper way to put it under the candy?? Base, flakes mixed in candy, then straight candy, then clear?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Dec 26 2003, 05:30 PM
What would be the proper way to put it under the candy?? Base, flakes mixed in candy, then straight candy, then clear?
i think it would work better if u, base, flakes, clear, candy, clear, clear, and more clear.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by hittin back bumper+Dec 28 2003, 09:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hittin back bumper @ Dec 28 2003, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64@Dec 26 2003, 05:30 PM
i think it would work better if u, base, flakes, clear, candy, clear, clear, and more clear.[/b][/quote]
what would you use to get the flakes to stick Clear????

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by umlolo@Jan 7 2004, 11:34 AM
put the flake in the paint.
You mean in the candy? right?

Cause evry custome painter knows that you loos almost all your flake effect when you blend the flakes in the paint. Flakes get painted and won't reflect. only a few at the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts