LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I had Pro Hopper hydraulics installed in my impala. Every since I have gotten my car back it slowly leeks down because of the poor quality check valves.

Since the first install, My supplier has had to install 5 sets of check valves into my ride. All of them leeked. Two weeks ago I called pro hopper in california to tell them about my problem, they offered to send me free check valves which ended up costing me $23 in shipping charges. These check valves were supposed to be double checked to make sure they were high quality. They made my car drop like a ton of bricks.

I am trying to put my car away for the winter and I need to take it out on the highway. This is costing my supplier a lot of money to install these in my car and get them shipped here in Canada.

Has anyone else had problems with pro hopper check valves?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think I got CCE check valves and one of them leaks.
Everyone on this site says to get Parker.
Try and replace it yourself, there is a few forums on how to do it :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes I have had this problem as well they got a bad batch of check valves. If you call McGuyver over at ProHopper and let him know he will take care of it for you they have different ones now. I think they are deltrol. They are suppose to be hardened. I have some on the way as of yesterday when I get them I will post on here to let everyone know how they work. I am also an installer that has to deal with this but ProHopper has always taken care of any problems Ive had, great customer service. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Oct 22 2003, 09:42 PM
I think I got CCE check valves and one of them leaks.
Everyone on this site says to get Parker.
Try and replace it yourself, there is a few forums on how to do it :biggrin:
The only parker check valves ive seen are too big to fit where the nipple looking one do as the parker ones are about 2 1/2 inches long great check valves looks like shit. There slowdowns are real good and those fit right back in place. The guy at the parker store says they do make one that looks like a 3/8 mm nipple but has yet to produce one.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yep they definately got a bad batch.... cause I have had the same problem..... But as usual..... One phone call and boom new ones at the door in a few days..... all my customers understood, and are really happy they get the problem taken care of when a company stands behind there product....

SIMPLY THE BEST

Good looking out Eric....

did ya get my package yet... :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
I went the whole summer having this same problem and Mack fro ProHopper was a graet help but I still had to replace tehm every freakin 2 weeks.....I just got some Parkers and have never had a problem since. Several other people in our club have had the same problems... :(

O

·
0 Posts
it is just that style check, they just plain and simply suck!!!

its not jus tporhoppers that leak, showtimes, cce etc.

the last install i did, there were 2 bad checks, and 1 bad hose

now i have to clena a whole truck bed of oil up!! im getting real tired of cheap qualituy parts, not to mention certian companys names, but i thinkin i am gonna be switching my supplier

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by socalwhiteguy@Oct 23 2003, 01:25 AM
The parker 3/8-3/8 nipple is like $30.00 a piece, That's more than the regular female ones. I checked into those and when I was givin that price I couldnt believe it.
The black Deltrol nipple is better than the Parker nipple. They are the ones that use a snap ring to retain the ball and spring.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
check the dump

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMNFX@Oct 23 2003, 10:43 AM
Try the new ones..... they are a funky black looking color.... but look bullet proof... :biggrin:
Yeah i saw one those.....hopefully it is a fix of the old check valves..... :cheesy:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It cant be the dump because every check valve you install reacts differently. Still no word on if they found any yet. Last resort will be breaking into soca's garage and taking his! jj.

This is frustrating me. Damn male-male check valves will be the death of me!

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
my prohopper ones sucked too. get parkers they are the best. also, be sure that it's not your dump leaking...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts