LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what Im looking at for my 63 2dr hardtop Pimpala- Pro Hopper 4 pump Pro Comp Anodized set up. 4 1/2 ton springs in the front (454 Big Block), stock front springs in the rear, 4 adex dumps, 12 solenoids, 12 batteries, 12"rear cylinders, 8" up front, proballs, chrome parker 1/2" valves/slowdowns, and 10 switch box. The setup without the batteries is $4000. shipped. The frame will be fully wrapped as well as the a-arms. This is my dream car that Im finally getting to build, its not going to be a hopper but I do want to get my serve on when needed. I want this car to have the finest inside and out. Im looking for around 36" nose hop and a high 3 wheel. The guy at pro hopper said that should be no problem. Just looking for everyones opinion before I buy, thanks.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Your going to need stiffer rear springs. Depending on how much the racks and renforcements add your probably going to need 2.5 to 3.5 tons to keep the rear from floating around and colapsing the coils. How many volts are you planning on running to the nose? To get the rear to lift the full 12" you will need a telescopic driveshaft and the H.D. center bearing carrier and you will have to notch out the tunnel on the X of the frame for driveshaft clearance. You will also want to do some searches on wishbone/slingshot upper trailing arms for the rearend so you can remove the panhard bar for better alignment at full lock up. While your at it pull the rearend and get a 9 inch ford built with big H.D. axles. If you leave the stock rear end in you will either brake axles or have problems with them slipping out and buckling your 1/4 panel. You may want to get on made a little narrower to give you a little better clearance on the rims so it won't rub the inner fender when its layed out. Thats should give you a bit to think about, and thats just what I can remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by 63 Pimpala@Sep 5 2006, 08:18 PM~6111125
heres what Im looking at for my 63 2dr hardtop Pimpala- Pro Hopper 4 pump Pro Comp Anodized set up.  4 1/2 ton springs in the front (454 Big Block), stock front springs in the rear, 4 adex dumps, 12 solenoids, 12 batteries, 12"rear cylinders, 8" up front, proballs, chrome parker 1/2" valves/slowdowns, and 10 switch box.  The setup without the batteries is $4000. shipped.    The frame will be fully wrapped as well as the a-arms.  This is my dream car that Im finally getting to build, its not going to be a hopper but I do want to get my serve on when needed. I want this car to have the finest inside and out. Im looking for around 36" nose hop and a high 3 wheel. The guy at pro hopper said that should be no problem.  Just looking for everyones opinion before I buy, thanks.
where r you from homie???????

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by 63 Pimpala@Sep 6 2006, 06:52 PM~6118017
Sussex, NJ.  at the top near the PA and NY border.
who you ride with homie?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres what Im looking at for my 63 2dr hardtop Pimpala- Pro Hopper 4 pump Pro Comp Anodized set up. 4 1/2 ton springs in the front (454 Big Block), stock front springs in the rear, 4 adex dumps, 12 solenoids, 12 batteries, 12"rear cylinders, 8" up front, proballs, chrome parker 1/2" valves/slowdowns, and 10 switch box. The setup without the batteries is $4000. shipped. The frame will be fully wrapped as well as the a-arms. This is my dream car that Im finally getting to build, its not going to be a hopper but I do want to get my serve on when needed. I want this car to have the finest inside and out. Im looking for around 36" nose hop and a high 3 wheel. The guy at pro hopper said that should be no problem. Just looking for everyones opinion before I buy, thanks. Any other opinions on this setup?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by 63 Pimpala@Sep 16 2006, 10:19 PM~6188134
heres what Im looking at for my 63 2dr hardtop Pimpala- Pro Hopper 4 pump Pro Comp Anodized set up. 4 1/2 ton springs in the front (454 Big Block), stock front springs in the rear, 4 adex dumps, 12 solenoids, 12 batteries, 12"rear cylinders, 8" up front, proballs, chrome parker 1/2" valves/slowdowns, and 10 switch box. The setup without the batteries is $4000. shipped. The frame will be fully wrapped as well as the a-arms. This is my dream car that Im finally getting to build, its not going to be a hopper but I do want to get my serve on when needed. I want this car to have the finest inside and out. Im looking for around 36" nose hop and a high 3 wheel. The guy at pro hopper said that should be no problem. Just looking for everyones opinion before I buy, thanks.  Any other opinions on this setup?
whos doing the install??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts