LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
talk to streetsweeperz..... he's puttin 18's or somethin in the back of his...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 5 2004, 10:13 PM
anybody know if i'll need to get a longer flex line for the rear brakes on a 64 Impala if the car will have 14" strokes?
thanks
:biggrin:
not sure what a flexline is? never heard that word.
(stupid swede) lol!

but if you mean the breakline that goes from the frame to the rearend you'll have to change it to a longer one if you're running 14"s. but ofcourse it's all up to how much coil you're running.
but i would say you'll have to change it cuz this is NOT something you want stretched!!!

if you mean those parkingbreak lines that goes from the drums,
-you wont have to change those unless you're running 20" strokes or so.
i had to change my og parkingbreak lines for a longer pair to get them to work with my 20"s strokes.

hope this helps...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** My brake line is modified now alond the passenger trailing arm so that it can move freely without stretching or being in the way of any type of movement... I personally dont like how it looks & it could be cleaner looking but it works great ..... i would re-locate your brake line from the inside of your X frame & add some length to it so your line is free from any sort of stress........

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 6 2004, 04:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 6 2004, 04:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--schmidt64@Jan 5 2004, 10:13 PM
anybody know if i'll need to get a longer flex line for the rear brakes on a 64 Impala if the car will have 14" strokes?
thanks
not sure what a flexline is? never heard that word.
(stupid swede) lol!

but if you mean the breakline that goes from the frame to the rearend you'll have to change it to a longer one if you're running 14"s. but ofcourse it's all up to how much coil you're running.
but i would say you'll have to change it cuz this is NOT something you want stretched!!!

if you mean those parkingbreak lines that goes from the drums,
-you wont have to change those unless you're running 20" strokes or so.
i had to change my og parkingbreak lines for a longer pair to get them to work with my 20"s strokes.

hope this helps...[/b][/quote]
that line from the frame to rear end is the one i mean. the parts store said they can't make a brake line so i'll have to get one from another vehicle. i would imagine i'll need one from a 4x4 but anybody know which one exactly? i plan to run a half stack of front coils in the back for a while.

Last edited by schmidt64 at Jan 6 2004, 12:11 PM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
just find a shop that fabricates hoses, any hydraulic shop can do that (not lowrider hydraulic shops) thats how i got mine, local hydraulic shop, it's like +20" long and they did it while i was in the shop waiting, it all took like 15 minutes...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 8 2004, 07:27 AM
ah ok i'll try that. the part store here will make power steering and hydraulic lines but they said that they "weren't allowed" to make brake lines?
hmmm, ok but it should be no problem finding a place who does...
good luck

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
u wont need to get a longer one unless u extend your banna bar, i had a hell of a time finding a longer one when i did my slingshot, i called all over the place and no one would make one, i ended up searching thru napa's parts book and found one, i posted it up a while back, i will try to find it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts