LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the problem. i ordered slam bags from streetbeatcustoms.com i ordered the 6" bags thinking they where the replacements for the 2600# firestone bags. what i was really wanting was the 7" bags.

so heres what im faced with, do i:
1. keep the 6"bags
2. send them back for the 7" bags

ok. its going on my regal. 1/2 everything with 145-200psi.
so i was wondering what so bad about useing the 6" bags AKA 2500# front and back?
people say to use the 2600 because it has more air volume in it which gives a better ride and requears less psi to lift. but then would this bag lift slower than a 2500 because it needs more air to fill the bag?

please help me :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on 16 people look, and no know can help :( man this shit makes me feel sick. even thow i think im going to just send em back (when they get here) and get the 7"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jan 2 2004, 12:23 AM
get the 7
:biggrin: thanks very much with the reply.
but what do you think about the ideas of the volume and psi that i put out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
the speed of it lifting has to do directly with the flow rate (ie. port size and line size...have fun working out a Cv for your whole system) And a little bit to do with the overall volume of your tank in proportion of the volume of the bag at whatever psi (since the tank drains into the bag to attempt to equalize)



Last edited by Skuce2 at Jan 2 2004, 12:46 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Skuce2@Jan 2 2004, 12:44 AM
the speed of it lifting has to do directly with the flow rate (ie. port size and line size...have fun working out a Cv for your whole system) And a little bit to do with the overall volume of your tank in proportion of the volume of the bag at whatever psi (since the tank drains into the bag to attempt to equalize)
yes, but the volume of the bag as to start filling before the bag lifts the car...so more room=more air=more time....right? so you would think that if the bag was smaller it would take less time to lift but at the same time take more psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 1 2004, 11:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 1 2004, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Jan 2 2004, 12:47 AM
get the 7
cuz i said to
j/k
how many gallons will you be running
12 gallons :cool: 8 port tank[/b][/quote]
you will be fine for real you guys worry about cd cv add aids pp sid to much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 1 2004, 11:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 1 2004, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Skuce2@Jan 2 2004, 12:44 AM
the speed of it lifting has to do directly with the flow rate (ie. port size and line size...have fun working out a Cv for your whole system) And a little bit to do with the overall volume of your tank in proportion of the volume of the bag at whatever psi (since the tank drains into the bag to attempt to equalize)
yes, but the volume of the bag as to start filling before the bag lifts the car...so more room=more air=more time....right? so you would think that if the bag was smaller it would take less time to lift but at the same time take more psi.[/b][/quote]
so put a tank and valve closer to the front bags :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 2 2004, 12:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 2 2004, 12:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 11:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Jan 2 2004, 12:47 AM
get the 7
cuz i said to
j/k
how many gallons will you be running

12 gallons :cool: 8 port tank
you will be fine for real you guys worry about cd cv add aids pp sid to much[/b][/quote]
well are you still saying get them 7"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Ide say get the 7's if you are worried about weight capacity or a better ride. More air volume always = a better ride

And running that much air you probably wont see much of a difference in speed. Now people running maybe 3 gallons or something like that will feel it alot more just because of the sheer pis drop. I know with my late setup i would havto have the tank @ 150 to get 130 to the bags in one full hit.

P.s. The guys over there at streetbeat are real cool. I regulary cruise with 3 of the sales guy that work there and one is the sales manager i think. They helped me out when i bought a kit from them and blew a set of bags (bad design) they even ordered and gave me a new pair for free.

my$0.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by LowLIfeVW@Jan 2 2004, 02:34 AM
Ide say get the 7's if you are worried about weight capacity or a better ride. More air volume always = a better ride

And running that much air you probably wont see much of a difference in speed. Now people running maybe 3 gallons or something like that will feel it alot more just because of the sheer pis drop. I know with my late setup i would havto have the tank @ 150 to get 130 to the bags in one full hit.

P.s. The guys over there at streetbeat are real cool. I regulary cruise with 3 of the sales guy that work there and one is the sales manager i think. They helped me out when i bought a kit from them and blew a set of bags (bad design) they even ordered and gave me a new pair for free.

my$0.02
cool, then tell them mark greenes your buddy and to make sure he gets his problem taken care of
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 1 2004, 11:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 1 2004, 11:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 11:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Jan 2 2004, 12:47 AM
get the 7
cuz i said to
j/k
how many gallons will you be running

12 gallons :cool: 8 port tank

you will be fine for real you guys worry about cd cv add aids pp sid to much
well are you still saying get them 7"[/b][/quote]
yes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
go with the bigger bags man, especialy if your runnin a v8 i tried 2500 s im may caprice they ride like shit and didnt get near as much lift... as far as speed i cant tell a bit of diffrence, but im runnin 12gal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
if you already have the 6's you'll be fine.. 7s will only get you a an inch or 2 of lift because the upper control arms will body out on the frame up front..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Scrapn1085@Jan 10 2004, 03:09 PM
if you already have the 6's you'll be fine.. 7s will only get you a an inch or 2 of lift because the upper control arms will body out on the frame up front..
there slam bags both the 6" and 7" bag grow to 10" tall :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
your are not going to extend even 7-8 inches on front rear yes but see what kind off rise do you want stiff or smooth ...

*1 If you want smooth use 6' reason they hold about 1,500pnds at 80psi per bag you car weight on the range of 3,500-4,500 pnds your bags are 6,000 so there for rides smooth..

*2 if you use 7's they are rated at 2,250pnds around there at 80psi
there for you got 8,500pnds bags when your car weights 3,500pns to 4,500 pnds witch means you are over 4,000pnds that will cause you to ride stiff and bouncy..

*3 6' bags have smaller diameter in the bolt area so is not exacly the same as a 2600 bags from firestone
the 7's are the same but thats your choice
:biggrin: :cool:
hit me up

e-mail: [email protected]

www.abescustoms.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by abescustoms@Jan 11 2004, 10:16 PM
your are not going to extend even 7-8 inches on front rear yes but see what kind off rise do you want stiff or smooth ...

*1 If you want smooth use 6' reason they hold about 1,500pnds at 80psi per bag you car weight on the range of 3,500-4,500 pnds your bags are 6,000 so there for rides smooth..

*2 if you use 7's they are rated at 2,250pnds around there at 80psi
there for you got 8,500pnds bags when your car weights 3,500pns to 4,500 pnds witch means you are over 4,000pnds that will cause you to ride stiff and bouncy..

*3 6' bags have smaller diameter in the bolt area so is not exacly the same as a 2600 bags from firestone
the 7's are the same but thats your choice
:biggrin: :cool:
hit me up

e-mail: [email protected]

www.abescustoms.com
umm im not sure what you have said here :uh:
i know that the 6" slam=2500firestone and the 7"slam is the 2600 :biggrin:

but i am keeping the 6" for the front and putting F9000 in the back ;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top