LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the brake pads on the passenger side of my suberban, now when I press the brake pedal it goes to the floor, I did disconnect the brake cable to the caliper.
when I put everything back together I steped on the brake pedal when the cable was still unhooked and there was a puddle on the ground, so I hooked it back up.
Do I have air in the lines or what, please help, it's my family car.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
bleed em like a bitch

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
you have a shit load of air in the system

to bled them...jack up the car and remove the wheels if you want...top up the master cylinder...open up all 4 bleeder screws and let it gravity bleed for a lil bit....once you see fluid coming out of all 4 bleeder screws close them all....top up the fluid again...never let it run dry....have some body pump the brakes for you a few times then hold it down and open the bleeder...once a stream of fluid comes out close the bleeder and pump the pedal again and keep repeating this till you have no air coming out and its just a steady stream of fluid.....now when your bleeding brake always start with the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder....so in most cases start with right rear, then left rear, then right front, and finally left front......just make sure you always have fluid in the resevoir while bleeding....once its all bled hose everything off with a garden hose to clean up the brake fluid...

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
hey, good exact details there. :thumbsup:

my pops told me the same thing a few weeks ago when he did my brakes on my cutlass.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
figured might aswell post that cuz bleeding brakes is not something you wanna mess up cuz if done incorrectly you could put yourself in danger or others...

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
exactly. thats why when i have something technical, i always call up my pops. he was a mechanic before he became famous in lrm...lol :biggrin:

having an unsafe vehicle on the road is an accicent waiting to happen. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts