LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Originally posted by downsouthplaya+Jan 8 2004, 10:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (downsouthplaya @ Jan 8 2004, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FloRida@Jan 8 2004, 10:06 AM
I dont know homie but I have a 95 sedan deville and my change oillight is on all the time.
u gotta turn the key(switch) and mash on the gas pedal 5 times, then turn it back, leave it alone for a few seconds, then fire it up[/b][/quote]
Yup, it's the gas pedal, but you only have to do it 3 times really. Down to the floor. And you can start it right from there and it will go out.

Good luck!
Jeff

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Was the key in the right position?

1. Turn key all the way to the "On" position - all your idiot lights should be on, but the car is not running.
2. Depress gas pedal all the way to the floor 3 times.

The Change Oil light is programmed to come on approximately every 7500 miles. Obviously if you change your oil every 3000 miles, you would not be due for another one when the light comes on. When this happens, I just shut the light off. It's not triggered by a "need" for new oil, as the Check Engine light is triggered by a thrown code.

Let us know what happens!
Jeff

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Sounds like you've got a problem. I'll take it off your hands! :biggrin:

J/P...like I said, was the key all the way in the "on" position while you were pumping the gas?

Otherwise, let me see if there is something else you can do...I'll hit ya back tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.