LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started last week when I went to start my lac and it wouldn't start. I was pissed and left it alone for a couple days and drove my moms car. Then yesterday I was wanting to go to my girls house but didn't want to drive moms car I tried to start my and it started right up. I got to my girls house and a couple hours later tried to go home and it won't start. I don't think it was the battery because the interior light were on. I'm thinkin alternator or starter

·
Registered
197 Posts
When your fuel pump is going out it will work some times and stop. When it runs does it seem to run fine?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it worked all last week then like saturday it wouldn't start then yesterday it started then it won't start at my girlfriends house

·
Registered
240 Posts
when it doesn't start have someone turn the key while you bang on the gas tank .... sometimes that will shake your fuelpump and make it work... oh yeah but first give it a shot of starter fluid and if it starts then you know it is the pump or the filter.... or disconnect the fuel line and turn the key to see if any fuel comes out...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the fuel pump is in the gas tank. if it is when you turn the key you should hear the pump come on if not it could be going bad! my grandfather just changed one in a 4100 it was like 40 dollers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts