LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance for the long post. I have a '94 S-10 Blazer that the stereo was finished in about 3 weeks ago. It consists of

Pioneer DEH-8MP Head Unit
Planet Audio P5 5 1/4" component in kick panels up front
Two Memphis M3 12" Dual 4 ohm voice coil in ported box tuned to Memphis specs
Memphis PR100.4 to front component
Memphis PR1000.1 to subs (wired in 1 ohm load)

Everything was fine with it until today. I was on my way to work listening to a cd when I turned up the volume to about 25 it got alot of static in it as i was turning it up and sounded as if it was playing at a volume much lower. So I took the cd out thinking something was wrong with it. I turned it to XM while I was cleaning the cd and my subs weren't working (Everything else was fine). Turned the volume up and the highs/mids sounded fine. I drove for about another 10 minutes with it a low volume and when I started turning it up the same thing happened and my front quit playing. So I cut the headunit off. As I pulled up to work I tried the regular radio and the highs/mids worked but as soon as I tried to turn it up at all the same thing happened again and they quit playing. I really haven't had time to look at it since I am still at work but I was wondering what might cause this. Once again, sorry for the long post and thanks for any help given.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 3 2005, 08:02 PM~3536653
I'm pretty tired from a long day at work, but the way I read that it sounds like a problem with the h/u...

Not enough current to the amps...

Bad or loose ground on the amps...
I fixed it today. I noticed that the power would only stay on for a few seconds on the amps. I checked the voltage at my amps and it was only 5.4 or so. I then checked the voltage at my extra battery and it was about the same (I don't have an isolator; just a fuse inline to the extra battery ). At that point I figured I must have blew a few under the hood. The fuse under the hood wasn't blown by looking at it but I went ahead and replaced it and it worked fine. The extra battery was trying to charge the whole system and only had enough power to sustain it for a few seconds. Thanks for the help.

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian+Aug 3 2005, 08:02 PM~3536653-->
Not enough current to the amps...
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-smalltownVA
@Aug 4 2005, 07:01 PM~3542444
I fixed it today. I noticed that the power would only stay on for a few seconds on the amps. I checked the voltage at my amps and it was only 5.4 or so. I then checked the voltage at my extra battery and it was about the same (I don't have an isolator; just a fuse inline to the extra battery ).  At that point I figured I must have blew a few under the hood. The fuse under the hood wasn't blown by looking at it but I went ahead and replaced it and it worked fine. The extra battery was trying to charge the whole system and only had enough power to sustain it for a few seconds. Thanks for the help.
Teh WIN! :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts