LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fo a couple of days now i have been trying to fix this but cant. i have a 3 pump 8 battery, two to the back one to the front , with 8 noids ok.well the two sides have\are working fine,but i will go to lift the front,i hit the switch and nothing happens...... then i hit it agian and BAM...... i have to pull the disconnect. I have changed all of the noids bought a couple new batts..... still does the same thing. any thoughts on what this could be? any info will be apreciated. peace :cool:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Motor could be bad!! There could be a brush loose or anything for that matter on the inside of it!! ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Also check your switches. That's one thing most people don't check. Switches go bad too. And if one's begining to go, it may behave just this way. I could be wrong but, hey, checkin' it is free. :)

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Oct 31 2003, 01:53 PM
Also check your switches. That's one thing most people don't check. Switches go bad too. And if one's begining to go, it may behave just this way. I could be wrong but, hey, checkin' it is free. :)
No. I agree. Especially the China's. Start small and work your way up. After you check those, then check the motor w/ direct 12vlt current after you pull it from the setup.

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well i changed one of the motors from the side [that works fine] and put it on the front. hit the switch works fine go up down up down so on and so on then. hit it agian and nothing....... keep doing it and still nothing then i do it agian and it got stuck agian then i pulled the disconnect..also when ever i go to hook the dissconnect up it sparks and the motor keeps spinning. i realy would appreciate ANY help on this thanks :angry:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Oct 31 2003, 01:48 PM
Ok well i changed one of the motors from the side [that works fine] and put it on the front. hit the switch works fine go up down up down so on and so on then. hit it agian and nothing....... keep doing it and still nothing then i do it agian and it got stuck agian then i pulled the disconnect..also when ever i go to hook the dissconnect up it sparks and the motor keeps spinning. i realy would appreciate ANY help on this thanks :angry:
u have bad ground somewhere, so check all your grounds

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 31 2003, 02:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 31 2003, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--caddy4yaass@Oct 31 2003, 01:48 PM
Ok well i changed one of the motors from the side [that works fine] and put it on the front. hit the switch works fine go up down up down so on and so on then. hit it agian and nothing....... keep doing it and still nothing then i do it agian and it got stuck agian then i pulled the disconnect..also when ever i go to hook the dissconnect up it sparks and the motor keeps spinning. i realy would appreciate ANY help on this thanks  :angry:
u have bad ground somewhere, so check all your grounds[/b][/quote]
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

Did the motor you took off have any oil in it??? The problem that you have now is a stuck solenoid... When is the last time that your batteries were charged??? Have you checked to make sure that all of your batteries are good?? Sometimes, solenoids can be tempermental... they start to go bad or stick and then unstick, but they are defintiely bad. First, replace the solenoids and check both motors for oil or excessive wear, or possible arcing inside...

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok well i rewired all the whole set up with new wires and connecters.[ quote ] Did the motor you took off have any oil in it??? [ / quote ] yes it did not alot though. and i have two batts that are fucked up but there dissconected.anyways it still did the samething, it worked for awile then quit. so iam gonna guess its the motor or the switches themselves. dose anyone know were to get those local?????? :cool: :(

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
switches, auto zone , discount auto, or any hardware store. motor your on your own i usually order mine from prohopper

·
Registered
237 Posts
i remember i had a similar problem years back... the solenoids stuck on me so i ran to the back n pulled the disconnect... after changing my boxer shorts i went back into the garage to try n make scense of what just happened... i looked at all the connections some were loose, some were tight.... so that was one reason...... my noids were improperly grounded also, i screwed them in right over some rubber undercoating..... neways b4 i realized sum of the obvious mishaps i put the diconnect back on and it was like zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet i was like fuckkkkkkk..... but once i cleaned the connections and grounds it was better... 4 years later i never had a solnoid stick on me..... and knock on wood i hope it never does cuz i dont have a trunk key hole nemore!!!! n if the poper breaks and the solnoids stix....!!!! bye bye bye but i dont think it will cuz i maintain and double check everytime i go crusing good luck its prolly something simple

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,641 Posts
it is the switches or the wiring to the switch box it self man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts