LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem :dunno: .....everytime i hit the switch to hop the front while im driving or at a light the car would shut off its a 64 impala with a 327 engine with a holley carb ..... :uh: :uh: :uh:
anyone ???

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by SittinOn3@Sep 24 2003, 01:41 PM
how did you fix that problem?
Hmmm, been awhile, I gave the carb to a friend of mine to rebuilt and Im pretty sure he bent the float, cant' remeber if it was up or down, but man it sure fixed the problem, my float was bad also in the first place, had to have the carb rebuilt in my caddy also ;) Well man sorry I can't be of more help :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I had a similar problem with my old carburated fleetwood. Mostly happened when gas hopping. I was told that it has to do with fuel splashing around in the float bowl, and the trick is to use an off-road style carburator similar to what they use in 4x4 trucks. Those wont starve the engine for fuel during the bouncing and impact of hopping.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Holley makes the new 4x4 carb-it's got special floats and bowls to prevent fuel starvation at high/steep angles-they sell for about $325-well worth it, plus the stock carb's garbage anyway!Good luck-Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts