LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up, i know people are gonna bitch cause it aint car audio, but its my only place to turn, i already looked al over the net, i was hoping one of the "brains" on here could help me out. i got a receiver in the crib, and every time you turn the vol. up a little over half way, and bump it for about 5 minutes it blows a fuse, the fuse is the same amperage and voltage that the receiver says to use, and it keeps blowing them, i was thinking of using a fuse with a higher amp rating but then i was like, maybe its good the fuse blows because maybe if it didnt blow something would get fucked up? any thoughts on this? peace :cool:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 28 2005, 10:10 PM~3710401
what up, i know people are gonna bitch cause it aint car audio, but its my only place to turn, i already looked al over the net, i was hoping one of the "brains" on here could help me out. i got a receiver in the crib, and every time you turn the vol. up a little over half way, and bump it for about 5 minutes it blows a fuse, the fuse is the same amperage and voltage that the receiver says to use, and it keeps blowing them, i was thinking of using a fuse with a higher amp rating but then i was like, maybe its good the fuse blows because maybe if it didnt blow something would get fucked up? any thoughts on this? peace :cool:
how old is your wiring in your house? possible problem....
could also be that you have "oversized" speakers hooked up and are drawing extra current, highly unlikely with a large house amp though.
on another note though, idk bout your stereo, but if i turn mine up over halfway, i'm afraid i'll blow some speakers, gets pretty loud......

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the wiring in my house aint but 20 years old, so i guess its pretty good still, my receiver is a technics sa-r477, it puts out a good amount of power and my infinitys take the power just fine, they would take even more power without a problem tho, im sure my speakers draw alot of current but the receiver keeps up without skipping a beat, however i noticed that my receiver's power supply gets very warm before the fuse always blows so im thinking maybe i need a new power supply, ya, my shit gets loud as hell, the hole house sounds like its gonna collapse from all the bass shaking everything, you can hear my shit 3 blocks over, just the way i like my shit, LOUD :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 29 2005, 09:12 PM~3716661
the wiring in my house aint but 20 years old, so i guess its pretty good still, my receiver is a technics sa-r477, it puts out a good amount of power and my infinitys take the power just fine, they would take even more power without a problem tho, im sure my speakers draw alot of current but the receiver keeps up without skipping a beat, however i noticed that my receiver's power supply gets very warm before the fuse always blows so im thinking maybe i need a new power supply, ya, my shit gets loud as hell, the hole house sounds like its gonna collapse from all the bass shaking everything, you can hear my shit 3 blocks over, just the way i like my shit, LOUD  :biggrin:
20 year old wiring is pretty old actually, i don't think they expected someone to plug a big arse amp into it, or computers, or a big screen tv, so more than likely, its your breaker tripping because it knows when the wires in the walls are getting too hot, my best advice, have a electrician come in and run a new wire specifically for that amp and anything else in that room that draws alot of power, before you end up burning your house down.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good looking out on the wiring thing g, i dont think it draws that much power but i gotta bunch of shit hooked up, you prolly right about my box freakin out tho, i still gotta fuse box, it never blows fuses tho, i got a big screen, a couple other tv's, receivers in almost every room, and a bunch of other shit all hooked up tho, its cool tho cause im gettin ready to re do the wiring, im bout to install an intercom, ima have in wall speaker speaker jacks and flush mount in wall speakers, and finally a fuckin breaker box :biggrin:, it took me a while but i finally ponied up the loot to do it, redoin some of my dry wall to :(, i hate hanging drywall with a passion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts