LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put 18 inch standard 100 spokes on my 74 caddy about 2 months ago. i had no problems knocking them on myself, so i drove around whatever whatever and i had been noticing my front left rim had been getting a little loser as i put more miles on my car. it started squeeking a little so i decided to re tighten each rim. to this day i can barely tighten my front left, it seems no matter how hard i try with my led mallet it wont tighten. so it is squeeky as fuck now and im afraid its gonna fall off while im driving. what should i do before im fucked? :(

·
Man on a mission
54,031 Posts
TAKE THE RIMS OFF AND CHECK THE ADAPTER AND ALSO CHECK FOR LOOSE SPOKES

·
Registered
787 Posts
if you have problem with one wheel

a- buy 1 new adapter , & 1 new knockoff
and be safe

b- keep trying to diagnose but hope you do not have wheel come off

good luck

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
did you tighten the knockoff initially while the car was jacked up?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
swap the wheel to the rear to see if it moves to the rear. if it doesnt, try the adapter and knockoff in the rear too. it might also be wheel bearings or brakes making the noise.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's funny you should ask, the same thing happend to my home boy Tito. When we came to a light, his front passenger side knock flew off on us in the f--king intersection. We put it on and off it flew. We were told he needed spasers. He got them and problem dissapeared. I don't know why. Try that.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwood_talisman@Aug 2 2005, 11:45 AM
what exactly are spacers? how do they work, where do i get them and how much they usually cost? ty
[snapback]3527112[/snapback]​
spaces the wheel out some so if the hub isnt seating completely into the sawtooth the spacer will give it enough room to seat properly...grind the calipers down before you use wheel spacers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwood_talisman@Aug 2 2005, 08:45 AM
what exactly are spacers? how do they work, where do i get them and how much they usually cost? ty
[snapback]3527112[/snapback]​
Pep boys, quarter inch about 6 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts