LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever have any problems with there HT4100 motor in there early 80's cadillac models. the motor was said to be water injected, thats what the h stands for and i heard it was very under powered. it has an alluminum block and cast iron cylinder heads which often caused problems. sometimes coolant would go into the crankcase and cause a milkshake effect. so if anybody has any comments on this motor please state them because i'm abou to buy an 82 coupe deville with 48,000 but it has the ht4100 so i want to be aware of the problems i might face.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tru depends on how it was taken care of. I also have heard the same thing about those engines. That that are junk.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
if it runs good, it will run forever , if it has problems pass on it or do a 350 swap

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
get rid of it..i had one in my 82 coupe and it sucked..swapped over to a LT1 and now im golden alot of power

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
This is gonna sound stupid but the HT stands for High technology :uh: . The 82s were the worst ones but they got better in 83 and almost good by 84 and 85. Other than the problems you mentioned they have no power and the crankshafts in the 82s and 83s were made of soft metal.
If the cars Mileage is really as low as they say, get it . If not still get it its not hard to do a swap or put in a rebuilt 4.1

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
IF IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF..IT WILL RUN FINE...THE MAIN THING IS TOO ADD THOSE PELLETS TO THE COOLANT TO KEEP IT FROM SEEPING INTO THE OIL...(CUZ' THE COOLANT EATS AWAY THE CAM/WHICH MAKES IT RUN LIKE SHIT)

:cool:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
junky mo fo's..... had 2 ht4100's turned them both into boat anchors.... had an 80. it had a 368 pretty much a 350 .... i'm doing a 350 swap on my 84 coupe now the 4100 ran perfect but still didnt want any problems....

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by harborareaPhil@Aug 7 2005, 01:21 PM~3556234
IF IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF..IT WILL RUN FINE...THE MAIN THING IS TOO ADD THOSE PELLETS TO THE COOLANT TO KEEP IT FROM SEEPING INTO THE OIL...(CUZ' THE COOLANT EATS AWAY THE CAM/WHICH MAKES IT RUN LIKE SHIT)
:cool:
:thumbsup:

seems like most of the people talking shit about them dont take very good care of them... :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts