LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 2003 ProHopper chrome kit. This is the 4 th one I ordered last year for anybody wondering these pumps are bad ass. Steel block steel dumps steel pressure plate nice chrome Thanks Mac

·
49,409 Posts
you get the ProX kit?

:cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They call it the 2003 kit go to the web site click on specials. Im not sure which kit it is but i think it the comp kit just with everything chrome fittings braided hoses bad as hell. I like the steel block and dump bodies aluminum is to much work to keep shiny

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by Soul Assasins@Jan 7 2004, 06:22 PM
i thought it was the Pro X kit with chrome everything.
its got like a #5 gear
i got the all chrome pro x kit ( 2003 special ) and i had them put in #7 gears ( asked for it when i ordered ) i havnt installed it but i know there rockfords rather then the marzocchis. :(
"oh's well goes well" i guess :biggrin:

D

·
0 Posts
looks really nice and works ok but had major problem with MULTIPLE fittings leaking even with the best teflon ?then putty. leaked so bad that had to go out and by parker fittings replace the fittings that go from the block to the dump assembly and all the hoze hook out fittings including the cylinder fittings except for haVEING TO TAKE THE SET-UP APART THREE TIMES AND FUCKING UP SOME OF THE CHROME IN THE PROCESS THE SET UP ACTUaLLY WORKS OK NOT GREAT JUST OK. BUT TO QUOTE MAC FROM PROHOPPER HYDRAULIC'S WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE PROBLEMS HE SAID "WHAT DO YOU EXSPECT FOR A SET-UP THAT ONLY COST 795.00" WILL I EXPECTED A SET-UP THAT DID NOT LEAK :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

BY THE WAY I SPENT 92.33 ON NEW FITTINGS TO FIX THE SHIT! PLUS 2-3 HOURS OF EXTRA TIME?? AS YOU CAN TELL IT LEFT A BAD FELLING IN ME ABOUT PRO-HOPPER!! NEXT TIME I WILL GO SHOWTIME!!!!!! :biggrin:

Last edited by dickcheese at Feb 3 2004, 12:58 AM

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by dickcheese@Feb 3 2004, 05:54 AM
looks really nice and works ok but had major problem with MULTIPLE fittings leaking even with the best teflon ?then putty. leaked so bad that had to go out and by parker fittings replace the fittings that go from the block to the dump assembly and all the hoze hook out fittings including the cylinder fittings except for haVEING TO TAKE THE SET-UP APART THREE TIMES AND FUCKING UP SOME OF THE CHROME IN THE PROCESS THE SET UP ACTUaLLY WORKS OK NOT GREAT JUST OK. BUT TO QUOTE MAC FROM PROHOPPER HYDRAULIC'S WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE PROBLEMS HE SAID "WHAT DO YOU EXSPECT FOR A SET-UP THAT ONLY COST 795.00" WILL I EXPECTED A SET-UP THAT DID NOT LEAK :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:
did you put teflon on the JIC fittings? cuz if you did it will leak

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by dickcheese@Feb 3 2004, 12:54 AM

BY THE WAY I SPENT 92.33 ON NEW FITTINGS TO FIX THE SHIT! PLUS 2-3 HOURS OF EXTRA TIME?? AS YOU CAN TELL IT LEFT A BAD FELLING IN ME ABOUT PRO-HOPPER!! NEXT TIME I WILL GO SHOWTIME!!!!!! :biggrin:
:uh: Its called......"know how to plumb a pump"

D

·
0 Posts
NO TEFLON ON AS YOU CALL JIC AS I CALL AN -6 HOZE FITTINGS WHERE HOZE HOOK TO FITTING ON DUMPS AND CLYINDERS
AND ALMOST ALL PIPE THREADS EXCEPT CHECKS THEY DID NOT LEAK!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
I THINK I KNOW HOW TO PLUMB A PUMP I LIFTED 12 CARS IN MY LIFE AND HAVE HAD 5 CARS WITH HYDRO'S AND ONE WITH BAGS
BOTTOM LINE FITTINGS WERE PIECE OF SHIT TIAWAN PARTS SO WHAT DID I EXSPECT .WITH THE NEW FITTINGS HAVE HAD NO LEAKS!!!

NOT A DROP !!!!!!!!!

CHEAP PARTS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! :( :biggrin:

Last edited by dickcheese at Feb 3 2004, 01:06 AM

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
I bought the kit also for the rear of my impala. I didn't take the tanks off yet to check what gears it had. I didn't ask specifically so i'm guessing they gave me 6s. Don't matter to me since its in the back.

Looking to go LA series up front :0

1 - 20 of 25 Posts