LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I have 2 dead ones in my garage and ForPlay has 2 dead ones in his! :angry: Junk!!!!!!! Oh and they all only lasted a couple of charges!! :angry:

Last edited by timdog57 at Dec 3 2003, 03:24 PM

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Well then you did not do it right. There are two fuses that you have that blow, that you can just replace the fuse. I talked with Eric, and he told me to replace the 10 amp with a 15 or 20 amp fuse. The top one is the one that blows. But you have to hook up one end to the postive, and the other to the negative. If you are using the charger say for a bank of 4 batteries at then you hook up the Positive, and the negative to the last battery in the bank. Okay then start off at the least settings on the charger (both). Then start with the Voltage setting until the needle moves, once it jumps to 4-6 amps, then adjust the amp to make the meter go to 8 amps, on the needle scale, that is your setting, just let it charge from there, I have not had any problems. If you hook it up like you would normally hook up a charger, then you might blow the fuse.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I bought one from showtime a couple years back, and works great, I had to replace the fuses once after a misfortunate grounding! :0

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Dec 3 2003, 03:05 PM
Well then you did not do it right. There are two fuses that you have that blow, that you can just replace the fuse. I talked with Eric, and he told me to replace the 10 amp with a 15 or 20 amp fuse. The top one is the one that blows. But you have to hook up one end to the postive, and the other to the negative. If you are using the charger say for a bank of 4 batteries at then you hook up the Positive, and the negative to the last battery in the bank. Okay then start off at the least settings on the charger (both). Then start with the Voltage setting until the needle moves, once it jumps to 4-6 amps, then adjust the amp to make the meter go to 8 amps, on the needle scale, that is your setting, just let it charge from there, I have not had any problems. If you hook it up like you would normally hook up a charger, then you might blow the fuse.
Sup dirty dirty?
Sorry to tell ya, but all that snow here has almost melted!
No snowmobiling now :angry:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyboy1+Dec 3 2003, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sneakyboy1 @ Dec 3 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66@Dec 3 2003, 03:05 PM
Well then you did not do it right.  There are two fuses that you have that blow, that you can just replace the fuse.  I talked with Eric, and he told me to replace the 10 amp with a 15 or 20 amp fuse.  The top one is the one that blows.  But you have to hook up one end to the postive, and the other to the negative.  If you are using the charger say for a bank of 4 batteries at then you hook up the Positive, and the negative to the last battery in the bank.  Okay then start off at the least settings on the charger (both).  Then start with the Voltage setting until the needle moves, once it jumps to 4-6 amps, then adjust the amp to make the meter go to 8 amps, on the needle scale, that is your setting, just let it charge from there, I have not had any problems.  If you hook it up like you would normally hook up a charger, then you might blow the fuse.
Sup dirty dirty?
No snowmobiling now :angry:[/b][/quote]
Yeah that is the biggest problem with Billings. There is a strong current that circles Billings, so either the snow goes around, or does not stay for long. How did the Griz do this weekend.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Dec 3 2003, 05:05 PM
UMMMMM yes I did do it right I know how to use it and how come I wasn't the only one. So in other words your are calling me a dumbass!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Dec 3 2003, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Dec 3 2003, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66@Dec 3 2003, 05:05 PM
Well then you did not do it right.  There are two fuses that you have that blow, that you can just replace the fuse.  I talked with Eric, and he told me to replace the 10 amp with a 15 or 20 amp fuse.  The top one is the one that blows.  But you have to hook up one end to the postive, and the other to the negative.  If you are using the charger say for a bank of 4 batteries at then you hook up the Positive, and the negative to the last battery in the bank.  Okay then start off at the least settings on the charger (both).  Then start with the Voltage setting until the needle moves, once it jumps to 4-6 amps, then adjust the amp to make the meter go to 8 amps, on the needle scale, that is your setting, just let it charge from there, I have not had any problems.  If you hook it up like you would normally hook up a charger, then you might blow the fuse.
UMMMMM yes I did do it right I know how to use it and how come I wasn't the only one. So in other words your are calling me a dumbass!! :angry: :angry: :angry:[/b][/quote]
tim is right they are garbage .........with no kind of gurantee
your better off buying the one i posted the link to for 149.99
it has a 2 year gurantee no questions asked......i just ahd one replaced ......... :biggrin:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Dec 3 2003, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Dec 3 2003, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66@Dec 3 2003, 05:05 PM
UMMMMM yes I did do it right I know how to use it and how come I wasn't the only one. So in other words your are calling me a dumbass!! :angry: :angry: :angry:[/b][/quote]
Well if you feel like a dumb ass that is your problem, all I was saying was that the battery charger has two fuses that are there to protect the Charger from blowing. If you fuck up the charge, then you will fry the resistors inside the charger, then the charger is fucked. But I blew the fuses a couple of time until I replaced them with a 20 amp fuse and since then I have not had any problems.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Dec 3 2003, 04:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Dec 3 2003, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 05:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66
@Dec 3 2003, 03:05 PM

Sup dirty dirty?
No snowmobiling now :angry:
Yeah that is the biggest problem with Billings. There is a strong current that circles Billings, so either the snow goes around, or does not stay for long. How did the Griz do this weekend.[/b][/quote]
We fuckin lost. it was an awesome game, double over time, final score was 43-40. We had a field goal blocked that would have given us a tie and taken it into 3rd overtime. I am still pissed about it. I am a die-hard griz fan. Losing sucks!!!

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Dec 4 2003, 12:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Dec 4 2003, 12:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 06:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--dirtywhiteboy66
@Dec 3 2003, 05:05 PM

UMMMMM yes I did do it right I know how to use it and how come I wasn't the only one. So in other words your are calling me a dumbass!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Well if you feel like a dumb ass that is your problem, all I was saying was that the battery charger has two fuses that are there to protect the Charger from blowing. If you fuck up the charge, then you will fry the resistors inside the charger, then the charger is fucked. But I blew the fuses a couple of time until I replaced them with a 20 amp fuse and since then I have not had any problems.[/b][/quote]
Whatever!! :uh:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by ForPlay@Dec 4 2003, 03:17 PM
i had the same problem with the same charger
twice........... they are JUNK :biggrin:
He must have a thick skull!! :uh:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Dec 3 2003, 10:23 PM
I have 2 dead ones in my garage and ForPlay has 2 dead ones in his! :angry: Junk!!!!!!! Oh and they all only lasted a couple of charges!! :angry:
I have 2 junk ones too, they are ass. I would reccomend that no one buys this piece of shit charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainNasty+Dec 4 2003, 03:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CaptainNasty @ Dec 4 2003, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--timdog57@Dec 3 2003, 10:23 PM
I have 2 dead ones in my garage and ForPlay has 2 dead ones in his! :angry:   Junk!!!!!!!   Oh and they all only lasted a couple of charges!! :angry:
I have 2 junk ones too, they are ass. I would reccomend that no one buys this piece of shit charger!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
Damn Josh whats up stranger?! :uh: :biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts