LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my 58 that was for RATS contest. i'm going to paint it kandy green, with some flake.

i going to with chrome rims, with thin white walls. or maybe gangster phat white walls. what do you think?

Last edited by tonedeaf at Oct 10 2003, 11:35 PM

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
go with thin white walls and candy green over a silver base,I think

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres the 58 with a silver base. im thinking of putting a mural on the trunk. dont know of what, any ideas?

i'm moving slow on it, been working overtime at work plus making a clean setup for it. my best one yet.;)

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
That was originaly the hard top model?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Oct 11 2003, 12:35 AM
this is my 58 that was for RATS contest.  i'm going to paint it kandy green, with some flake.

i going to with chrome rims,  with thin white walls.  or maybe gangster phat white walls.  what do you think?

I would throw a set of these on it: $10.00 shipped

or the green set.

But i am sure it`ll look sweet know matter how you do it bro. :thumbsup:

Perry

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have a 58 hardtop kit and was thinking about cutting the roof off it.
how did you go about cutting yours? did you just use a really sharp knife or a small saw or somethin?

also wat does anyone use as body filler for models? a modelling putty or real body filler?
i have never really customized models before but i love your 58 and wanna build mine similar :cheesy:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tone baby !, what's happenin? ..... I'm diggin on it, my man !!
...... look'n sweet !!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the props. i cut the roof using a x-cato knife. just follow the window trim from the sides. also to be more true to a factory convert, cut the trunk square.

the green is the filler, also you can see the edges of the trunk that are part of the body now

i just highlited the str8 trunk

Last edited by tonedeaf at Oct 20 2003, 07:31 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice attention to detail. It looks so good that un educated judges will think that it came that way and will not give you the credit you deserve. That mural kicks ass too.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts