LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
cool idea man, I have a 1/20th Lindeberg Explorer and thats wahtI am going to do with it, thanks for the inspiration

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Looks like a nice project.
what kind of putty is that? And how well does that stuff work? I'm asking because I'm looking for some good putty for my chopped 49 mirc

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Sep 23 2003, 02:15 PM
it is called Green Putty. It works pretty well I like it. I don't know where I read it but someone was saying that it is the best model putty. so I gave it a shot
is it squadron green putty? :cheesy:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found it at the hobby lobby here. They always have them instock I am sure if you really wanted one maybe we could work something out hit me up. yea I think it is squarden Green Putty or some shit like that. It is pretty easy stuff to work with

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Sep 22 2003, 09:43 PM
here is the smuggler tahoe I am working on. I think I bit off more than I can chew since I just started building models again. but oh well this is the one I am thinking of entering into a model show.

wtf

i dont see any styrene supports inside look in the first pic by the passenger side towards the rear window its nothing but putty.

squadron is the shittiest putty by far from my experience tamiya is the best

·
Registered
731 Posts
Originally posted by spec@Sep 23 2003, 04:01 PM
Lookin good :cool: Where did you get that model I've been tring to look for it but can find it?
Supposed to be out already, It was just re-released

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah man, stick with it dude, it'll look good when you get done with it, just take your time on it. I'm thinking the exact same thing as lownslow , you're trying to build it all out of putty and no plastic. You need to do like what Mad and Poppa were telling you to do on your hood, in that other post ( at least I think it was you ), and back up the areas where you are trying to use putty, with some good strong supports. it will just never last otherwise. Try to build in with plastic or metal as much as you can, and then do thin spreads of putty just to even things out. And like they said, sand or rough it up a little to make the putty get a good bite.

.... but hey, looks like it might do some nice wheelies lol...just f**kin with ya :)

Last edited by Soggydoggie at Sep 24 2003, 03:17 PM

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had actually used the Windows as support. and like i mentioned in my prior post. I killed it. I am getting another one and I am going to do this one differently. Still going to use the windows as supports but I am going to add styrene for added support and to give it a more flush look. I jumped into it not know what I was doing but now I know what to do and I am going to do it right. I am still telling myself not to rush even though I want to get it done for that show here next month. I really appreciate all the constructive critism. it has helped me plan out the way I am going to do the next one

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey, I didn't think about the windows, man, good idea ! And I know what'cha mean about it being hard to take your time, ya start stickin wheels underneath the body and stuff, and you're goin " that looks tough as hell ! " lol. I've been messin with some putty tonight , and it seems like you really gotta lay it on in thin coats, if you're anxious to work on it. Then it dries pretty quick. We were lightly sanding it in about 30 to 45 minutes. Anyway, carry on man, she's gonna look good when it's done.

Later On
Chris.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts