LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1777 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peoples,just picked up this regal t-type for dirt cheap and gunna start the body work soon heres some pics,ill update as i get into the bodywork,any suggestion/comments post them up and if anyone has a trunk,or front and back fillers let me know,and if you have a t-type hood too :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ISPRAYPPG@Aug 8 2005, 06:12 PM~3563505
I got a whole T-Type I will sell you.  I'm kinda far from you though (AZ).
not looking for an entire car but let me know if you wanna sell me some parts off of it :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
whoever owned that before you be SHOT to death!
gah, loook at it!

good luck getting motivation to work on it..
the interior looks even worse.

i'd strip it down of all parts and start from scratch, you better stay on top of ebay for parts, and junkyards.

guys here usually search their junkyards for us, so keep a lookout on the forums..
if you need some good links to websites for little shit let me know...

i'd worry about getting that body taken care of before buyin parts..
no tellin what condition the engine is in, lol...

keep us posted bud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
wow. thought my 79 turbo was rough in places... I've gotta get new doors and rear bumper...oh and rebuild the bottom end of the motor too :biggrin: Still,the chassis is sound and so's the rest of the body. Be good to see how you get on.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 9 2005, 03:16 AM~3567018
whoever owned that before you be SHOT to death!
gah, loook at it!

good luck getting motivation to work on it..
the interior looks even worse.

i'd strip it down of all parts and start from scratch, you better stay on top of ebay for parts, and junkyards.

guys here usually search their junkyards for us, so keep a lookout on the forums..
if you need some good links to websites for little shit let me know...

i'd worry about getting that body taken care of before buyin parts..
no tellin what condition the engine is in, lol...

keep us posted bud
yea i got the motor runing,it runs fine just had a mess of vacuum lines and ghetto rigged wiring,so the motor is healthy,I need to convert the brakes to vacuum,I already found a trunk and hood here locally,and the fillers im just going buy new.the interior is getting ripped out an wraped in black leather soon.the only spot that worrys me is that rust on the roof,im going to have to cut that out and weld in a new piece :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally drove the car down the street,a nice smokey burnout and im hooked on the sound of that turbo spooling,I got the trunk and front fillers,this weekend i start to sand the car down to metal and start the body work,ill keep posted :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
you got any pics of hte body work yet? I just bought a car almost in the exact condition only has a 350 in it rather than the v6 turbo... What did you pay for yours? I paid 600 cash and drove the sucker home....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Aug 20 2005, 10:03 PM~3664046
you got any pics of hte body work yet?  I just bought a car almost in the exact condition only has a 350 in it rather than the v6 turbo...  What did you pay for yours?  I paid 600 cash and drove the sucker home....
havent really started any body work,Been busy getting the motor all put together.Ever had that saying "If your buick aint leaking oil,It probably doesnt have any" ? Well its true :biggrin: I replaced the turbo and whole bunch of other shit.Ill keep updated when i start the bodywork.Im thinking of just hopping this one,All red even bumpers,Red dish and spokes and have slamming bumper :biggrin: just to piss the Turbo buick people off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
OMG the bumpers are so clean and fresh dont paint them :-(
Do all the body work and mechanical work then sell it for $4k / $5k ( without painted bumpers or grill )
Do it all black bc/cc !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Oh and shave the handles and trunk lock and do some quality solenoids and a nice Viper alarm with door pop button .
Also hidden emergency open jumpers bolts in case batt dies ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Papi_J@Aug 21 2005, 06:44 PM~3666917
Oh and shave the handles and trunk lock and do some quality solenoids and a nice Viper alarm with door pop button .
Also hidden emergency open jumpers bolts in case batt dies ;-)
alright ill build it like that if you buy it off me :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by NewFriendsCC@Aug 21 2005, 08:45 PM~3667486
My homie picked up a t-top t-type regal... the guy before him took out the bucket seats and the turbo motor... and the t-type hood... what the hell is wrong with people?  he got it for dirt cheap though... whats the point of turnin a t-type into a regular regal??? People these days...
lol,Im saying,people like us have to clean up after there mess :cool:
 
1 - 20 of 1777 Posts
Top