LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a memphis 1000d amp about 3 years old, and for some reason when i hook up the remote wire for the amp it goes into protection mode and the pwr light flickers on and off.my question is how do i get it out of protection mode now since i have no idea why it whent into it in the first place?????????????(i just took it out of storage which it was in for about a year)

help needed very badly and quick!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh i forgot to mention i am not over loading it either because i only have it in a 4ohm load 300watts,for now that is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you have checked to make sure that the speaker wires are not shorting out and that your RCAs are good, then the problem sounds internal. Most amps don't have any kind of reset button, so all you have to do to get it out of protection is disconnect and then reconnect it. If it is 3 years old, you probably don't have a warranty on it anymore. I suggest that you open it up and use some compressed air to dust the inside. While your in there, do a visual inspection of your capacitors to see if any of them are distended or have exploded. They have an acid inside, so be sure not to touch anything that looks wet with your skin. Last, smell it to see if anything smells burnt. If you find any of these things, your choices are to get it repaired or buy a new amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts