LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of LIL members interested in theses valves and unfortunately at the end of the month the price for them is going back to $99.00 each one. I dont want to be rude or unfair so for those of you who wanted them and havent bought them yet pm me, tell me what you need and I will give you a po# that will be good until 1-1-04. This po# will gaurantee your price of $75.00 each. Sorry for the inconvience George SRS Hydraulics

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
They do seem to be a great product and I would love to have some, but for the average enthusiast, they are a bit expensive... $400.00 bucks for 4 of them.... I'd have trouble justifying the purchase, when for $450.00 I could buy an Adex.

I am not trying to HATE (or whatever) as I am glad that you have made these valves available to the lowrider builder, but I am curious, is there a more cost effective valve in the works???

·
Registered
839 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo@Oct 4 2003, 09:09 PM
They do seem to be a great product and I would love to have some, but for the average enthusiast, they are a bit expensive... $400.00 bucks for 4 of them.... I'd have trouble justifying the purchase, when for $450.00 I could buy an Adex.

I am not trying to HATE (or whatever) as I am glad that you have made these valves available to the lowrider builder, but I am curious, is there a more cost effective valve in the works???
Man i cant belive it lol this is what the dump theory is all about vwlow we can get 2gether and talk about it ;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by vwlownslo@Oct 4 2003, 09:09 PM

Vwlow im not sure what you think these are but they arent dumps. These are a mechanical valve that redirects the oil back to the tank when and if the owner ever has a problem with a bad switch stuck solenoids. It wont let you overlock your system. Theyre not for everybody but for those who have them now they wouldnt run without them again. George SRS :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 5 2003, 08:16 AM
just call them what they are.

pressure relief valves!
Sorry if you missed it, but there is a posting in this forum all about these valves and the were refered to as PRVs many times. For some reason vwlow thought they were some kind of new dump. so I simply explained exactly how it worked. Im not trying to misrepresent what these are as i think you are trying say I am.
George SRS

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by ghost211+Oct 5 2003, 10:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghost211 @ Oct 5 2003, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Oct 5 2003, 08:16 AM

pressure relief valves!
Sorry if you missed it, but there is a posting in this forum all about these valves and the were refered to as PRVs many times. For some reason vwlow thought they were some kind of new dump. so I simply explained exactly how it worked. Im not trying to misrepresent what these are as i think you are trying say I am.
George SRS[/b][/quote]
no, I just see them called "protector valves", like there is some big mystery behind them or what they do.. thats all

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Oct 5 2003, 08:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Oct 5 2003, 08:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Oct 5 2003, 10:16 AM

pressure relief valves!
just call them what they are "sissy valves"[/b][/quote]
What is that suppose to mean. Im not sure why anything that actually does what it is suppose to would be refered to in that way. So im basicly wondering why they are "sissy valves"

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 5 2003, 08:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 5 2003, 08:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 10:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Oct 5 2003, 08:16 AM

pressure relief valves!

George SRS
no, I just see them called "protector valves", like there is some big mystery behind them or what they do.. thats all[/b][/quote]
What is so mysterious about "PROTECTOR" valve thats what it does. The reason it is refered to as this is because thats the trademarked name. Big Mac or Whopper they are both just some dead cow on a bun but they decided not to call it that, maybe to give it a little personality.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by ghost211+Oct 5 2003, 09:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghost211 @ Oct 5 2003, 09:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 08:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Oct 5 2003, 10:16 AM

pressure relief valves!

just call them what they are "sissy valves"
What is that suppose to mean. Im not sure why anything that actually does what it is suppose to would be refered to in that way. So im basicly wondering why they are "sissy valves"[/b][/quote]
Ignore him George, OGCaddy is a notorious asshat on LIL. He trolls for attention on a daily basis so pay him no mind.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not trying to mislead anyone. Just giving those who want it another option. Sorry response is so slow Im typing one handed I had surgery on my right hand last wednesday.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats up Bob? How ya doing? I saw the pics of the back of your car on yhat chain bridge post. Not selling ti anymore. I appreciate the back up. I really dont like to argue with people on here you know it doesnt ake much to get the shit started around here. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was standing outside my uncles paint shop and the idiot we just told to leave decided he was going to run me down. He came 5 feet up on the grass and still missed me. He got my right hand with the windsheild. On wednesday they fused two of the bones in my hand together. Yay fun.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Been doing good man, how bout you?

The Fleetwood is still for sale, just not too pressed about it. If I dont sell it by mid winter I will probably do a body-off with a new frame, and detail out the undercarriage. Have a new hotrod project I am working on, so am just keeping the Fleetwood parked for winter anyways. So many toys, so little time :biggrin:

As far as LIL goes, take it all with a grain of salt. Lots of cool people on here who enjoy all things lowrider, and a handfull of fucktards who get off on being attention whores and shitheads. Just another slice of internet culture I guess. Doesnt usually take too long to figure out who is who ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I wouldn't call them "sissy valaves". For a guy like say me who has a bodydropped truck with no springs and just accumulators. these valves would be perfect so i wouldn't have to worry about overlocking it and breaking something. or for your friends who always seem to hit your swtich when ya tell them not to and lock it up

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damb i need to get dsl i keep getting kicked off aol. Bob i might have a lead on a 64 Impala drop top. I thought you were looking for an old Impala. If your interested let me know ill get you a good deal.Glad to hear your doing good. How does your wife like the valves?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts