LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. I have a 62 impala vert with power assist. I have a lot of slop in my wheel coming from my gear box. I’m looking at doing the cpp 500 series box. Has anyone installed this on a 62 impala with using a stock and not-modified the radiator??? People say i need to notch it. How can i tell if i need to do this before i order the kit then pay 20% to return it. Lol

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried the adjustment nut on your steering box. If you want to get bye for now if you haven't done it already there's an adjustment nut with a screw flat head screw in the center of it you loosen that nut Titanic counterclockwise and it tightens the gearing up reduces the play in the steering wheel. And then take the nut and tighten it to hold it in place that'll get you bye for now. Unless the gearbox is totally shot but if you're talking about just play in the steering wheel that's how you were remove that. If you're having a problem with your power assist when you go to start it and the wheel has a tendency of trying to turn. There's an adjustment screw on your power assist. That is located behind a silver cap which is a dust cap on the ram itself to get that right erase a vehicle in the air. You start the vehicle and whichever way the wheel starts to turn is the opposite direction you turn the screw behind that cap until it become centered and doesn't turn anymore when you start it. What you're doing is adjusting a flow of the power assist pump and evening out the distribution of the fluid. But if you plan on just upgrading anyway well good luck to you.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts