LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bagged the towncar this week and we finished everything i got it all switched up and everything but the problem is that it doesnt lift the front under 145 psi the valves just click is this normal??? im really lost because i was thinking of running a pussy 1/4 hp compressor until i put in a york but the piece of shit doesnt get up over 120 psi and it starts to get real hot at that psi even i have a 145 psi pressure switch so it wont ever shut off and at 120 psi the front wont even go up the towncar lays crossmember so its alil too low to drive anywhere so im pretty much screwed right now but im gonna go get a 3/4 hp 100% duty on tuesday blowjax style so i hope it will get the psi to a respectable 145 psi because after working on the car for 3 fuckin 5 hour days and then last night from 8 30 in the morning to 3 am i was pretty pissed when the piece didnt lift the back raises just fine and fast at 110 psi so i didnt know wat the problem was oh well gotta fix it atleast it looks cool tuckin whitewalls....

garrett

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
my York rolls right up to 175 PSI with no problem...

did you check your oil level in the york??

my car takes 80PSI just to lift the front..

do you have gauges on the individual corners??

if so, what are they reading???

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not runnin the york yet i hooked up a pussy 1/4 hp 50% duty compressor for the time being but it only puts out 120 psi and i have a 145 psi pressure switch so its pretty much fucked because the compressor wouldnt turn off ever and just start on fire so im going to take it back because i thought it might be able to pull out 150 psi atleast soim going to go buy a blowjax tomorrow...im running 4 valves for f/b teed to 2 valves and i have mechanical gauges the back reads right they go up to 100 psi and i can raise the back up just fine it says its at 80 psi and it is at 80 psi but the front i hit the switch up and it does shit all it reads 100 psi in the bag and the bag is hard as fuck but the car doesnt go up worth shit so at first i thought it may be the valve so i hooked it up to the back valves and it still didnt lift so i found a manual one way valve and hooked it up to the shop compressor which is set at 135 psi and opened the valve and it raised pretty slowly tho but it still lifted fully and the back raises fuckin fast it almost hops the ass at 110 psi even i was really surprised but the big problem is the front but im thinkin when i get a compressor that will get my setup at 145 psi the front will lift pretty easy maybe even pretty fast so im stuck at this point hopefully itll work when i get the other compressor...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thats good then because i thought the bags were only rated at 100 psi so i thought the more pressure would cause them to blow but its not a big deal if it works tomorrow with a bigger compressor

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i got 2500 in the front and 2600 in the bach now i believe that the 2500 and 2600 are rated about 80 psi whitch should be half of what they can take i sab up to 300 psi and those bags took it like a hooker at fort dicks with no broblem

·
Registered
96 Posts
I heard that 2500 won't lift the front that good or high. Could try bigger bags

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I was running Firestone 2500's in the front of my Regal & I would have to wait for the tank to fill twice before it was high enough for me to drive. Put in some Slam Specialties RE7's & 200 PSI that bitch is off the ground about an inch when I hit the switch on a full tank & after that I can still raise it a couple times before I wait on the compressor to catch up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 13 2010, 12:32 AM~16273839
I was running Firestone 2500's in the front of my Regal & I would have to wait for the tank to fill twice before it was high enough for me to drive. Put in some Slam Specialties RE7's & 200 PSI that bitch is off the ground about an inch when I hit the switch on a full tank & after that I can still raise it a couple times before I wait on the compressor to catch up.

VERY TRUE!!!!!!!! BIGGER BAGS UP FRONT IS BETTER!!

Funny thing is.............this topic is from 7 YEARS AGO!!!

:roflmao:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by BAGGD@Jan 13 2010, 01:00 PM~16278656
VERY TRUE!!!!!!!! BIGGER BAGS UP FRONT IS BETTER!!

Funny thing is.............this topic is from 7 YEARS AGO!!!
:roflmao:
Holy shit I just noticed that. How did it get brought up again? Poor guy. He's been waiting on a response for 7 years. The car should still be pretty mint then. :biggrin:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 13 2010, 11:21 PM~16285247
Holy shit I just noticed that. How did it get brought up again? Poor guy. He's been waiting on a response for 7 years. The car should still be pretty mint then. :biggrin:
I think he sold it a long time ago

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by $ 68 $@Jan 14 2010, 12:24 PM~16289478
WTF!!!!!
?? he didn't like it anymore, not sure what he got after the tc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts