LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering is pulling to the right.. BAD! i just went to goodyear to have it diag-ed... and got everything they told me fixed.. then got an alignment.. its STILL pulling...

what could it be?

i had to get both upper control arm bushings replaced.. and also my right idler arm replaced.. what else could be wrong?

·
Registered
549 Posts
DO U HOP UR CAR AT ALL??????????????? U PROB GOT A BENT ; TOWER; FRAME; UPPER A ARM; LOWER A ARM; STEERING ARM;............ COULD BE A LOT OF SHIT........ARE YOUR UPPERS EXTENDED. AND IF SO HOW MUCH.....DONT FORGET UR DRIVERS SIDE IS ALWYAS SUPPOST TO HAVE MORE POSITIVE CAMBER THEN THE RIGHT SIDE TO KEEP UR CAR FROM DRIFTING.........CHECK ALL OF THESE THINGS .........USUALLY WHEN U ALTER THE SUSPENSION OF ANY AUTOMOBILE IT WILL AFFECT THE STEERING......AND THAT IS ESPICALLY FOR SWITCHES..................

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt do suspension alterations yet.. i have nuggets in the right because ma rims rub ma finder though.. not in la left.. might that be a problem?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
switch the tires from the right side to thet left side? We were just discussing this in my suspension class. I dont rememebr why tho. Or maybe a caliper is stuck or something?

when you find out what it is, please tell us. Im very interested in learning all i can :)

Last edited by Foompla at Sep 27 2003, 08:27 PM

·
Registered
535 Posts
It could also be your brakes. If you have your brake shoes on backwards it will pull. Check them out, the longer one should be facing the rear.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Originally posted by Lokim@Sep 27 2003, 07:38 AM
My steering is pulling to the right.. BAD! i just went to goodyear to have it diag-ed... and got everything they told me fixed.. then got an alignment.. its STILL pulling...

what could it be?

i had to get both upper control arm bushings replaced.. and also my right idler arm replaced.. what else could be wrong?
sounds like good year fucked you

take it back get the manager and tell them to fix it this time!!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had the same problem in my regal it pulled when i applied the brakes.It turned out to be my brake caliper i replaced it and bleed my brakes and it all went away. But i will suggest that u replace both of them cause if not since one is newer it could start to pull to the other side. Hope that was some help laterz. :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
might be the rubber brake hose. I have had these collapse on the inside and look fine on the outside. This will cause fluid to stay in the caliper longer on one side then the other and cause pull to that side.Hope it helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts