LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shit......I park my car at school in the morning and come back 42 minutes later to find a dent on the drivers side door right above the lower body molding on my 92 fleetwood brougham! This shit sucks big time!!!! Im in school and make minimum wage...i really want to fix this quickly but dont kno how. wats the cheapest way to get it done nicely?

im really on a budget, can i do it myself? i want this fixed asap because the rest of the car is flawless and i dont want my car looking beat up !!! please some one help me!

·
Registered
343 Posts
try taking a toilet plunger and pulling it out using the suction of the plunger, worked for me when my dad backed into my door with a forklift lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
there should be a crown around the dent, try tapping it with a rubber mallet to "pop" the dent out, if that doesnt work then its dent puller time, which means sanding, weldidng a studs all around the dent then pulling it out with a slide hammer, then grind the studs off, hammer and dolly it out apply a thin coat of putty, sand smooth , primer, paint, which is not very cheap for someone on a budjet

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Dec 11 2003, 08:52 PM
try taking a toilet plunger and pulling it out using the suction of the plunger, worked for me when my dad backed into my door with a forklift lol
WTF :dunno:

·
Registered
261 Posts
worked for all time, with guys from dent wizard.

these guys were top in there field, and could remove dents the size of bowling balls..

all without breaking the paint..

if you know anyone who works in a dealership or an autoauction they should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Originally posted by SQUEAKYG@Dec 11 2003, 08:21 PM
TRY TAKING YOUR DOOR PANEL OFF AND PUSHING IT OUT NICE AND EASY WITH YOUR HAND .... NOT TOO HARD OR YOU CAN CRACK THE PAINT .... ;) :cool:
that isnt as easy as it sound and i doubt u'd get tha whole dent out but u will get most if it out that way.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by FullFledgedPimpin+Dec 13 2003, 12:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FullFledgedPimpin @ Dec 13 2003, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SQUEAKYG@Dec 11 2003, 08:21 PM
TRY TAKING YOUR DOOR PANEL OFF AND PUSHING IT OUT NICE AND EASY WITH YOUR HAND .... NOT TOO HARD OR YOU CAN CRACK THE PAINT ....  ;)  :cool:
that isnt as easy as it sound and i doubt u'd get tha whole dent out but u will get most if it out that way.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I tried this and now my fender has 3 little dents instead of one big one.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by biggie21@Dec 12 2003, 03:33 AM
Shit......I park my car at school in the morning and come back 42 minutes later to find a dent on the drivers side door right above the lower body molding on my 92 fleetwood brougham! This shit sucks big time!!!! Im in school and make minimum wage...i really want to fix this quickly but dont kno how. wats the cheapest way to get it done nicely?

im really on a budget, can i do it myself? i want this fixed asap because the rest of the car is flawless and i dont want my car looking beat up !!! please some one help me!
post a picture.............we can help you alot easier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts