LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what fluids am i looking at cleaning up??

i plan on unbolting the tranny and pulling it after the engine is out....

anyone have any experience with doing this the easy or hard way????

ANY input would be great...

eazy :cool:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
thats the worse part about pulling a motor. leave the heads on to avoid pissing out coolant everywhere. when you take out the driveshaft hyoull have to plug up the tailshaft. drain everythign you can as much as possible.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
ok when i pulled the motors in the donor car and the car i was sticking the motor in i stripped both cars down ..front flip off and just pulled motor and trand togther and also installed them together..

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Sep 7 2005, 10:14 PM~3773393
ok when i pulled the motors in the donor car and the car i was sticking the motor in i stripped both cars down ..front flip off and just pulled motor and trand togther and also installed them together..
i was thinking of doing this, but im still not sure if im gonna replace or rebuild the engine, so i kinda didnt want to pull the tranny at the same time if it was gonna be a lot more trouble..

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
dont you just love it when you pulling out a engine/tranny and that beutiful red tranny oil statrs to pour out when you angle it to take it out :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by japSW20@Sep 8 2005, 11:18 PM~3779340
dont you just love it when you pulling out a engine/tranny and that beutiful red tranny oil statrs to pour out when you angle it to take it out  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
yea, i coem back and it looks like somebody stabbed my car :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
The coolant is cool for annoying cats...
The tranny fluid gives your hair a shiny gleam...
The oil can be recycled into another car...
The blood (from busting your knuckles) is good for drawing a picture on the cement...

:biggrin:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by undr8ed@Sep 9 2005, 09:47 PM~3786408
The coolant is cool for annoying cats...
The tranny fluid gives your hair a shiny gleam...
The oil can be recycled into another car...
The blood (from busting your knuckles) is good for drawing a picture on the cement...

:biggrin: nothing like some slick oily hair :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Sep 10 2005, 09:22 AM~3787838
take off the hood and pull and drop the eng/tran in  1 piece its easier that way and if it has a plug, drain it

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by undr8ed@Sep 9 2005, 10:47 PM~3786408

That made me laugh, can't remember how many times I did that on my gravel driveway. Nice combo of blood/rock/oil not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Originally posted by kannabis@Sep 17 2005, 01:26 PM~3833792
That made me laugh, can't remember how many times I did that on my gravel driveway.  Nice combo of blood/rock/oil not necessarily in that order.
My impact gloves at ~$35 have paid for themselves MANY TIMES OVER!!! This last set just got the fingertip shaved from a wild ass grinder...

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was thinking about getting a pair of those, but the guys around here are hardcore. Welding in their flip flops and shit.

I'd never hear the end of it if they saw me wearing gloves :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by kannabis@Sep 19 2005, 08:34 AM~3842016
I was thinking about getting a pair of those, but the guys around here are hardcore.  Welding in their flip flops and shit. 

I'd never hear the end of it if they saw me wearing gloves :biggrin:
when i wear gloves i dont have the feel for what im doing,and when welding a wife beater and some shorts. Nothing like feeling a cherry bouncing in your shoes :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by japSW20@Sep 19 2005, 11:25 AM~3842277
when i wear gloves i dont have the feel for what im doing,and when welding a wife beater and some shorts. Nothing like feeling a cherry bouncing in your shoes :biggrin:
:thumbsup:

i wear gloves when i have to move shit.. (engine parts, shit with oil in/on it)

my father wears gloves all the time while working on cars.... i think he wanted to be a doctor....

i burn up the fat laces in my chuck taylors when i weld.... :(

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Originally posted by undr8ed@Sep 18 2005, 12:51 AM~3836074
My impact gloves at ~$35 have paid for themselves MANY TIMES OVER!!!  This last set just got the fingertip shaved from a wild ass grinder...

whats an ass grinder?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 19 2005, 12:32 PM~3842765
whats an ass grinder?
exactly what i was wondering...... :biggrin:

:ugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts