LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find out how i should check my pump head my car wont go up i have plenty of oil a new motor so i need to check the pump head now

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by streetplayersdbo@Nov 23 2008, 10:09 PM~12236728
i need to find out how i should check my pump head my car wont go up i have plenty of oil a new motor so i need to check the pump head now
what did you do to it before it stopped working ..

try to close slowdown if you have one in system if it lifts your dump probablky has debris in it ..

could also be a or broken missing key

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothin i hopped the car awhile back and i recently went to hit it and i hear the motor grinding and the car lift up a inch everytime i hit and the motor is new and the batteries are fully charged

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by streetplayersdbo@Nov 23 2008, 05:09 PM~12236728
if the pump spins, then the motor works. if the pump spins but the car dont go up you could have a bad check valve or the pumphead seals are out or the pressure seal is out. usually even with a pressure seal being out you still get some pressure in the lines so it should come up a lil bit. and if the check valve is bad sometimes the car comes up a lil bit too but drops just as quick as u left off the switch....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
if you hear a grinding noise when you hit the switch and your ride trie's to come up your seals in the pump head are bad

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by streetplayersdbo@Nov 24 2008, 12:47 AM~12240159
so kingfish how do you check the pump head with the jumper cables
using jumper cables is a way to test to see if u have a bad motor or bad noids.....u cant use jumper cables to test for the pumphead. u basically need to either swap the pumphead with another known good one. or just rebuild the pumphead anyways and put in a new pressure seal

·
KICK ROCKS
14,345 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 23 2008, 07:52 PM~12238291
if the pump spins, then the motor works.  if the pump spins but the car dont go up you could have a bad check valve or the pumphead seals are out or the pressure seal is out.  usually even with a pressure seal being out you still get some pressure in the lines so it should come up a lil bit.  and if the check valve is bad sometimes the car comes up a lil bit too but drops just as quick as u left off the switch....
my guess is its the seals

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you have a slowdown close it and see if it goes up if so bad dump or check.. what kind of dump if its an old style delta they tend to blow up.. check that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts