LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new pro hopper pump in and i have four batteries hooked up in series. It spins but barely gets the truck up. my other older, smaller pump had no problem wit jus 3 batteries. I know the checkvalves are right and the batteires are charged, what else could it be?

·
Registered
67 Posts
did you put oil in the pump?? lol

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
damn thats crazy...do you have any leaks, could be an internal leak that is cause it to lose pressure? what kind of oil did you use?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you remove the plastic plugs from the pump, most have two.... Leave one in and you won't be getting any oil.

Just had to edit this for another suggestion... Also, make sure your check valves are in the right direction... Wrong way and your not going far fast and it will drop as soon as it does get up.

Last edited by Dvlshtndcy at Aug 3 2003, 09:09 PM

·
Registered
66 Posts
check all of the above...battery voltage, oil level and leaks, wouldnt hurt to double check pump head. double check your cylinders for leaks. make sure you have a good ground. not rusty or extremely dirty.

maybe go with a showtime old school plus motor and #8 pump head. one tap and your locked up with 4 batts easy. at least thats wut i have and lovem. a couple 3 taps and im leaning at 45 degrees. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts