LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Showtim Hydraulics, that came with a car i just bought, one pump leaked, and recently the motor burned out on the other, so i decide just to create one pump out of the 2 shity ones, i have this one pump hooked up to the front so i can drive the car wit out it scrapin, and fuckin shit up.. my question is can i take the plumbing from the remaning pump block and put the on a new pump.. if so how can i tell the size, is just messinging the holes ok... thanx for the help

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Do the pumps look like they have the same fittings or is there on obvious difference in size of the fittings?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Dont have the new pump yet, i am looking to buy one, but dont want to buy new plumbing with it, so i want to know how to find the sizes on the current plumbing, and to know what pumps will take the same plumbing ass showtime

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by 85cutty@Sep 4 2006, 08:41 PM~6104702
I Dont have the new pump yet, i am looking to buy one, but dont want to buy new plumbing with it, so i want to know how to find the sizes on the current plumbing, and to know what pumps will take the same plumbing ass showtime
The most common is 3/8's.....but it could be 1/2 or 3/4's.
Do your check valves look like this?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe they do.. what do some others look like, and is one side biger on those pictured? cuase the bottom of the checks are bigger were they screew into the block, and bigger then the go it the dumps, and slowdown valeves.. with a pic could someone tell me what size? Oh, another thing is is one hole is bigger than the other

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by 85cutty@Sep 4 2006, 08:59 PM~6104842
I believe they do.. what do some others look like, and is one side biger on those pictured? cuase the bottom of the checks are bigger were they screew into the block, and bigger then the go it the dumps, and slowdown valeves.. with a pic could someone tell me what size? Oh, another thing is is one hole is bigger than the other
On a lot of basic pumps people will use 3/8's for the pressure (center block port, dumps to hoses) and then use 1/4's for the return and slow down. If your check valve looks like the one in the picture then it's 3/8's. Just remember, if it will thread into the dump then it's 3/8's. The 1/2 and 3/4 check valves are usually female on both ends instead of male like the 3/8's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^^^^^ try clicking this link to go to the pic, i think it should work... aight.. and let me know if you need a better pic ill post one on fuckin my space.. lol unless you guess wanna let me know how i can put a direct pic into here.. aight thanx agian for the help

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont think that they will thread into the dump, it goes to a T bolt, first and then to the dumps, like i said the bottom side is bigger than the tope that goes into the 'T' bold, and the sow down, the one that goess direct into the "t bolt" is biggger than the one that goes into the slow down valve... well thats probley the best i can descibe them.. any more help that can be offered would be nice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.