LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: :biggrin: what are you supposed to torque the marzzochi and rockford pumpheads to when fastening to the block ? proper torque specs.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by MONEY GREEN@Oct 30 2007, 11:34 PM~9119322
:no:
Typical LIL answer. Talkin down, but doesn't say anything that can be used.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by inkera@Nov 1 2007, 05:12 PM~9132885
what would happen if you tightened it to much, also how can you tell.
you can tell when the bolt spins freely and your retapping your block

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
The reason I ask is that I pretty much put it in real tight not crazy tight with just as much force as I disassembled it. Just recently I took apaprt the pump due to problems and the head of the gear was split down the middle. The feedback I got was overlocked or check valve not leeting the oil threw. That is why this post interest me. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by True-S_Mike@Nov 1 2007, 03:13 PM~9132896
you can tell when the bolt spins freely and your retapping your block
:roflmao: :roflmao: that would be a dead giveaway

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by inkera@Nov 1 2007, 05:32 PM~9133069
The reason I ask is that I pretty much put it in real tight not crazy tight with just as much force as I disassembled it. Just recently I took apaprt the pump due to problems and the head of the gear was split down the middle. The feedback I got was overlocked or check valve not leeting the oil threw. That is why this post interest me. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
did you use a tourque wrench? or just go by feel? i went by feel with a fenner head once, and never again. i bought my first tourque wrench that day

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by inkera@Nov 1 2007, 04:42 PM~9133647
what should a # 9 marz and a # 11 be tourqued.
i have mount lots of pump heads over the past 14,15 years and between 25-27 will be just fine. its not an exact science bro, just hit around 25. i just don't feel comfortable going over around 27.

edit: my spelling sucks :angry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts