LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do fenner pumpheads last longer than marzzochis and if so why?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Marzocchi last longer made for more psi etc.,fenner is a street head there shaft and gear isnt solid like a marzocchi and as far as i know the fenners usually warp and they have a c-clip to hold the gear in place....correct me if im wrong i havent messed with a fenner head in a while i dunno if there built diffrent

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
fenners used with porky's style blocks are bullit proof because of the pressure relieve valve which aid in preventing lock up.

they are higher pressuer lower volume pumps.

the are excellent for a street setup.

if your looking for power and volume, go with marz or possible even better...................rockfords.

:),

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Oct 15 2003, 03:45 AM

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Oct 15 2003, 04:01 AM
marzocchi's are the way to go...
OR ROCKFORDS NEW SUPER 80...BUILDS MADE PRESSURE,AND LASTS LONGER......WELL UNLESS YOU HIT THE SWITCH LIKE MY
PARTNER......HE'LL BURN EM UP IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!MINE IN VOODOO, HAVE BEEN IN SINCE FEB,AND JUST GOT CHANGED BEFOR THE SUPER SHOW
AND THEY WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!!!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Fenners do last longer than the marzocchis because the marzocchis are aluminum and they have the floating doglegs that hug the gears......They destroy themselfs sytematicly.. but they do build more pressure... but they do not last long at all.... The fenner and steel pump heads last a very long time and usualy dont warp..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics+Oct 15 2003, 05:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackMagicHydraulics @ Oct 15 2003, 05:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Oct 15 2003, 04:01 AM
OR ROCKFORDS NEW SUPER 80...BUILDS MADE PRESSURE,AND LASTS LONGER......WELL UNLESS YOU HIT THE SWITCH LIKE MY
PARTNER......HE'LL BURN EM UP IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!MINE IN VOODOO, HAVE BEEN IN SINCE FEB,AND JUST GOT CHANGED BEFOR THE SUPER SHOW
AND THEY WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!!!!!![/b][/quote]
who sells the rockfords now?? i need a shaft seal for an old school rockford steel pumphead that i got...

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics+Oct 15 2003, 04:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackMagicHydraulics @ Oct 15 2003, 04:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Oct 15 2003, 04:01 AM
AND THEY WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!!!!!![/b][/quote]
:0 ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So one's telling me fenners last longer, and the other says marzzochis? and what do u mean by volume???......do u mean busting hoses and busted seals?????

·
Registered
369 Posts
fenners last longer.... because they are steel...and the way the gears are contained.. the fenners dont have the floating components that marzocchis have... they dont wear near as fast .. but the fenners dont build as much pressure as the marzocchis..

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
whats the deal with the Rockford super 80...what design changes were made to it? Is it improved from Marzzo... gears, the ones with the greek names?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:16 AM
fenners last longer.... because they are steel...and the way the gears are contained.. the fenners dont have the floating components that marzocchis have... they dont wear near as fast .. but the fenners dont build as much pressure as the marzocchis..
:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

I'm sorry to tel you this, but, I have used both gears extensively and let me say this.... fenners SUCK!!! If you run 4 batteries to them, fenners may last a while, but if you over lock one... kiss it good bye. If you over lock a marzocchi you may have to replace the seals. If you add any kind of power to a fenner, it'll break. So in the long run, marzocchis are the better gear and will last longer, especially under HEAVY useage.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i will agree... marzocchis are better for competition because they build more pressure. ... but . uhh they are not better... if you abuse anything it will eventually give out.. You have a RedNeck mentality..

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:28 AM
whatever... i will not argue with ignorance...
haha... that is laughable. I think you are confused as to who the ignorant party here is.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:30 AM
i will agree... marzocchis are better for competition because they build more pressure. ... but . uhh they are not better... if you abuse anything it will eventually give out.. You have a RedNeck mentality..
You got jokes today, huh??

Look, I've been lifting cars for a LOOOOONG time and I have used every different gear that has been on the market. I even still have an old set of rockheads... The design of the marzocchi gear is far superior to the fenner. Do you run magnets in the tanks of your fenner pumps??? There would be a good reason for that. The fenner style gears just suck, even if you run 5 batteries to a fenner, one mistake, not necessarily abuse, will 9 times out of 10 be fatal to the gear. Marzocchi's don't have that problem. I never said anything about competition, or abuse for that matter, but shit happens on the streets sometimes. The fenner gear does not hold up well ata all.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Not to get too involved into where this might be going...

To those that have used both type of pump heads:

How many tests were made, and, time after time, was it found to have the same results?

·
Registered
369 Posts
you must not mind replacing the aluminum pump head frequently then.. becaue they eat them selfs up... that is what they are designed to do... why can you not understand this.. the where desighned to destroy themselfs sytematicly... Just because the fenner style desighn is older and more simple does not rule them out... I preferr them for heavy duty applications, especially the #6 gear... if you do not take care of them they will shit out on you .. but the marzocchis are more prong to failure.. I have proved this...

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:47 AM
you must not mind replacing the aluminum pump head frequently then.. becaue they eat them selfs up... that is what they are designed to do... why can you not understand this.. the where desighned to destroy themselfs sytematicly... Just because the fenner style desighn is older and more simple does not rule them out... I preferr them for heavy duty applications, especially the #6 gear...  if you do not take care of them they will shit out on you .. but the marzocchis are more prong to failure.. I have proved this...
o.k.... then tell me, how many cars have you built and what were they and what did they do??? Exactly what "heavy duty" applications are you talking about? What is your definition of "heavy duty"???

1 - 20 of 60 Posts