LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the push-in air line connectors are only rated for up to 200psi, but I was wondering if you can go higher without damaging anything. If I go higher than 200psi, will I need to replace all the push-in connectors with some sort of fitting with a hose clamp?

I read that one person ran his air tank at 600psi, but they are only rated for up to 150psi :0 .

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that things such as gas bottles are tested at double the rated pressure.

I'm just wondering how far above 200psi I could go. It's no point having air springs that can take 300psi if the line connections can't go above 200psi.
:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have just been through these 'new' topics :cheesy: .

Why are you digging up all these vintage subjects?

:0

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:twak:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 3 2003, 08:24 PM
boredom
I think it might be about the right time for your next project! The Impala would surely be hard to improve upon.

So, what's next?

:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
ive had them up to 420 psi with no problems. same goes for the 150 psi rated tank. blew out a bag 2 days later because it expanded with the high pressure and rubbed.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DusterNut@Dec 3 2003, 10:39 PM
ive had them up to 420 psi with no problems. same goes for the 150 psi rated tank. blew out a bag 2 days later because it expanded with the high pressure and rubbed.
Thanks for your reply DusterNut :) . I suspected that I could go higher than 200psi, but I didn't know you could get away with that much :0 !

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 3 2003, 06:56 PM
everything is rated with a safety factor taken into consideration..

maybe mark can elaborate
yes, it seems most all air penumatic products have a rating system. its like 1-4 such as my parker valves sure they say 150max on them but they in real tearm can handle about 500-600psi. and air tanks they same way my 150psi tank should take upwords of 300psi.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
But just remember with all this excessive pressure, don't go trying to sue a manufacturer if something explodes and goes right through your spleen or something. :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the latest replies :cheesy: !

I read somewhere else in the forum that someone (can't remember who it was) who ran their tank at 600psi could measure its increased diamater at that pressure!

:0 :0 :0

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts