LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the face to my cd player on the drivers side visor, i've seen it done before, but I am not exactly sure how they did it,
Can i just soder wires, one by one, from the metal clip on the front of the cd player(the clip to which the faceplate clip plugs into) to the back or the clips on the faceplate?
After thinking about this for awhile, I decided to give it a try, any answers?

This way I can hide the cd player and have a custom look.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
thats the way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i wonder if they make cables that could be used that way like a computer cord or somethin

·
Registered
534 Posts
they use ribbon cable.. its flat wire ... if you look at the cable that connects your hard drive to the motherboard .. thats what it is.. I will try and dig up a website that has it...

·
Registered
880 Posts
does the ribbon cable have multiple wires inside and do you just soder them to the "grooved" part of the clip. I'm a little confused on the process. I remember they had a tech article in lrm i while back but it threw it away accidentally.

·
Registered
534 Posts
you can get ribbon cable at almost any computer store... they are multiple usually upto 50 wires (for SCSI hard drive) but you can trim it to any number that you need.

you need to solder .. and a lot of PATIENCE ...

this is what it is...

here is a place that you can get it...

Last edited by juicdcutlass at Dec 1 2003, 10:35 AM

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 30 2003, 10:41 PM
they use ribbon cable.. its flat wire ... if you look at the cable that connects your hard drive to the motherboard .. thats what it is.. I will try and dig up a website that has it...
yea thats what i ment

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
you get my pm?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they don't make ribbon cable long enough? what now, hows everyone else do it

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Dec 7 2003, 10:42 AM

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I would just go to an electronics supply store and get connectors to interface with the faceplate and head unit. Then you could find a multi -wire cable to solder between the two connectors. You do not have to use ribbon cable. Take the head unit and faceplate with you so the guy at the store can get the right connectors for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts