LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '95 Chevy Monty Carlo SS, and i can't seem to fit any of my rims on it. The first pair i tried were a set of 14x7 Standard Knock Offs. They wouldn't fit all the way on 'cuase the Brake caliper is to big. The other set of rims i tried on were a set of 14x7 reversed Bolt Ons. They fit but the Brake Caliper was in the way so they could not be centered. What can i do to fit some rims on this car?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
My brother has 20inch spinners on his 2003 MC ,but I know thats not your style,14 inch reversed K/O s will fit if you use spacers. We put the ones off my coupe on my brothers car just for kicks.The calipers are the same size or you can buy these 20inch spokes I got for my STS I aint gonna use them.

Oh yeah this is Ulysses. 2000 Cadilac Escalade next week if I can get around this drivers liscenes thing

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Jan 2 2004, 07:04 PM
My brother has 20inch spinners on his 2003 MC ,but I know thats not your style,14 inch reversed K/O s will fit if you use spacers. We put the ones off my coupe on my brothers car just for kicks.The calipers are the same size or you can buy these 20inch spokes I got for my STS I aint gonna use them.

Oh yeah this is Ulysses. 2000 Cadilac Escalade next week if I can get around this drivers liscenes thing
What's up homie? I tried putting them on with spacers and that would'nt work either. Some one was telling me that i can cut off the small bar like peice on the side of the caliper that's getting in the way, But i'm not sure if that would be safe.

Escalade??? I hear ya Mr. Baller...LOL!!!! Hope you can get that drivers liscenes thing taken care of.

Oh yeah i saw your brother last night, turning on to Western Blvd. That's a big damn t.v. screen he's got hanging down in is car. LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Yeah kinda looks like a Floor model dont it?j/k If the spacers dont work just get some 17inch stds and put it on Vouges but some 20 inch spokes would be really nice

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 96 Monte and I threw 20" wires on it. I had the same problem with the caliper... just grind it on down and it'll fit fine. You don't have to take that much off for it to fit right anyway.

Check them out here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/jstunn0197

1 - 5 of 5 Posts