LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Thats my stereo of choice! On what you ask? The $50-$100 pieces of shit, i buy once in a while to have some fun. Take out the coils, cut off the roof (reweld it to the bottom) and install the Pyramid system. But for real, it isnt good for anything more then that.. However, i would recommend a person trying to learn the true mechanics of a subwofer to purchase one and disassemble it. Cheap lesson in how they are built. (subs that is...)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Im far from an expert on any of this stuff and im a yungin so I buy what I can afford. Mine in my car has lasted for 2 years till this day. I dont run it hard. Its a 4 chan 1200 watt amp. I have 2 rockford punches 300 watts each. Its been pushing them fine and it bumps hella. THe only prob im having with my pyramid amp is its making this EhHHhHhHHhHH noise everytime I start my car, but with the stereo on I can't hear it. Other then that I love mine it does good. If you got money though buy a name brand one

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
aww man they fuckin sound great. BOOM BOOM!! Makes the back of my blazer rattle and you can hear the bass all the way down the road. I recommend them to anyone. The only problem I had was when I put it in the back of my brothers geo storm a long time ago. His trunk was very small and it had summer heat on it all day during high school. (he had black interior and paint also) Through like 4 months of las vegas summer heat sittin out in the sun all day it got one cold cercit or whatever U call em. My dad fixed it and its with me till this day.

Last edited by /\Chris/\ at Dec 31 2003, 03:46 PM

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
their subs prolly sound like shit... I have 2 rockford fosgate 300 watt punches they sound hella good. I also have a bandpass box

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If only I knew how to record the bass iv got and show you. The pyramid amp does the job and I can say the same thing over and over.

Last edited by /\Chris/\ at Dec 31 2003, 11:56 PM

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
speakers and systems are like hydros...you think its great when you see the car go up and down the first time then you try to hop and when your tired of 2 inch hops you upgrade...then you would never go back to just lifting....u know

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Dec 31 2003, 11:58 PM
speakers and systems are like hydros...you think its great when you see the car go up and down the first time then you try to hop and when your tired of 2 inch hops you upgrade...then you would never go back to just lifting....u know
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
thats true also. im just sayin for cruising it hits hella hard. Im not trying to win any competitions but the system sounds great

Last edited by /\Chris/\ at Jan 1 2004, 12:14 AM

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The only pyramid subs that i would recommend that i have accually heard would be the Pyramid Super Pro Super Blue Series. Them subs accually should not have the pyramid name on them cus the sound that good. The Hyper Pro Series woofer isn't that bad for the price toobut neither are competion quality though.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tha only reason im askin if tha subs are any good cuz there really cheap and i dun have that much cash. if i had money i'd get some kickers or som shit.

i just wanna kno if they put out some good bass?? would i even hear it when tha trunk is closed or wut? im talkin bout there 40 dollar subs

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
you can get some mtx subs really cheap on ebay. They aint the greatest but are better than pyramid. Ill get the link to the seller for you in a second.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts