LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been muckin about with this kit until the replacement arrives and put this one together for fun(stuffed chassis up) .Anyways whilst putting the diff together i noticed the lower support arms and the upper arms wouldnt line up with the diff ie there was a height difference and the fittment was crap as well, has someone done this kit and have any pictures of the area i mentioned id like to see it up close and complete ,i swear since i started this kit everything has gone wrong with it its CURSED...............lol lol :( :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
did you have the '65 impala lowrider kit and got another stock '65 impala kit as a replacement? I know the lowrider verison had "lowered" parts on the suspension. And if you messing with another kit, it might not line up right cause of different tooling. Atleast thats what I'm thinking.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Oct 11 2003, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Oct 11 2003, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Oct 11 2003, 07:40 PM
is it the Lowrider version?   if it is let me know and i'll unwrap mine and take it out and look at it.
check the name of this topic. ;)[/b][/quote]
yeah i know but check what i have back in the other room, i HIGHLY doubt it's this one but i thought i'd ask since i have one i could look at for him............

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm pretty sure the "lowrider" verison and the stock impala kit have different suspension parts. I don't remember the '65 lowrider kit having STOCK parts for it... its been soooooooooo long since I had one like..geez.. 1999 or something.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer its that one ray ,it actually has two different diffs . The replacement one im waiting on is the exact same kit ,for starters the upper arms wouldnt hold either diff in position very well then the control arms with the springs werent even close to the position it should be to hold the diff not even the shocks sat correctly ,ill be shattered if i have this problem again when the new one arrives as its cost me another $50 AUS ,i love this kit and its got potential to look cool thanks guys....................

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Oct 11 2003, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Oct 11 2003, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2003, 11:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler
@Oct 11 2003, 07:40 PM
is it the Lowrider version?   if it is let me know and i'll unwrap mine and take it out and look at it.

check the name of this topic. ;)
yeah i know but check what i have back in the other room, i HIGHLY doubt it's this one but i thought i'd ask since i have one i could look at for him............

[/b][/quote]
:0 I didn't know Revell released a 65 Impala Lowrider... When did that happen?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts