LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently building a hopper ,and im wondering should i reinforce the rear quarters with fiberglass ,ive got a full frame wrap with 6mm plate ,4 pumps 10 batts and the last thing i want is buckled quarters so should i or shouldnt i fiberglass them ,oh its a pontiac gp 84

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
YES YES YES YES

Did I mention YES?

Definately reinforce your quarters liberally with fiberglass unless you want your them to look like this! (look carefully at the pinstripe)

Also make sure you have new body mounts, and have plenty of reinforcement in front of the rear wheel hump since thats where alot of the flexing takes place. I learned the hard way on that one :twak:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whole frames wraped with 6mm plate all 4 sides ,should i just fiberglass of reinforce with strips of wood

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Oct 31 2003, 11:42 PM
the whole frames wraped with 6mm plate all 4 sides ,should i just fiberglass of reinforce with strips of wood
just be sure to get some poly urethane body mounts and you'll be fine with that wrap n' all, i would not fiberglass it with a wraped frame...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 31 2003, 11:25 PM
YES YES YES YES

Did I mention YES?

Definately reinforce your quarters liberally with fiberglass unless you want your them to look like this! (look carefully at the pinstripe)

Also make sure you have new body mounts, and have plenty of reinforcement in front of the rear wheel hump since thats where alot of the flexing takes place. I learned the hard way on that one :twak:
hey bob, what reinforcements did you have on that car?
and allso what body mounts? not callin' out, -just quirious... ;)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Oct 31 2003, 02:55 PM
im currently building a hopper ,and im wondering should i reinforce the rear quarters with fiberglass ,ive got a full frame wrap with 6mm plate ,4 pumps 10 batts and the last thing i want is buckled quarters so should i or shouldnt i fiberglass them ,oh its a pontiac gp 84
you can use fiberglass but even better is some sheet metal.

if you use fiberglass use hair and screen material to reinforce it.

:),

cc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts