LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin a new deck for the rider, probly an alpine cd-MP3 player. but i dont know nuthin about MP3. heres what i think though. you can copy your cds onto another cd in mp3 format and you can fit a lot more songs on 1 cd in mp3 format than in regular cd format. is that true? so about how many whole cd's could you fit onto 1 if in mp3? is the sound quality still as good? i dont know if that made sense to you but that and any other info anybody can give on the subject would be cool. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Copy all of your CDs to your computer. You can get a program from download.com called CDEX that will do this for you. Then you need to burn those mp3 files from your computer onto a CD in data format. You can fit roughly 200 songs onto a CD. Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats exactly what i wanted to know. thanks.
anybody know if the sound quality is as good as a cd?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Originally posted by Brougham@Jan 9 2004, 01:44 PM
thats exactly what i wanted to know. thanks.
anybody know if the sound quality is as good as a cd?
It all depends on the encoding algorithm used and the bitrate you encode at.

But generally speaking, try to stick to 192k and up for a bitrate. In the car, you will not be able to notice a loss in sound quality (assuming high bit rate and a good encoder is used).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the encoder the program you use to copy and burn the sound files or is it the burner itself? is the CDEX program a good one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
i have bout 180 songs ish on a cd, i bet the sound quality is worse, but most the time i cant tell. i love havin mp3 capability. saves hassle of pickin thru cds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Originally posted by Brougham@Jan 9 2004, 02:45 PM
is the encoder the program you use to copy and burn the sound files or is it the burner itself? is the CDEX program a good one?
The encoder is the algorithm used to encode the mp3 from raw red book audio format into a compressed mp3. There are several different algorithms out there used in cd ripping software, some good some bad. I'm not familiar with cdex so I can't comment....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
You can select the bitrate which will determine how good the quality of the song will be at. If you keep it over i think 128 it will still be cd quality.

The bad part about ur new MP3/Cd player is that mp3 songs and cd's take FOREVER to load. Its rediculous especially when u got 150 to 200 songs on a cd and your looking for a particular track. You will be at your destination by the time u find it. :angry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Originally posted by lacontheframe@Jan 12 2004, 05:15 PM
The bad part about ur new MP3/Cd player is that mp3 songs and cd's take FOREVER to load. Its rediculous especially when u got 150 to 200 songs on a cd and your looking for a particular track. You will be at your destination by the time u find it. :angry:
Not necessarily. It depends on what HU you have. Alpines and pioneers are notorious for load time. My kenwood takes only a few seconds, maybe a second or 2 longer than reading a normal cd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD+Jan 15 2004, 08:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JeremyD @ Jan 15 2004, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lacontheframe@Jan 12 2004, 05:15 PM
The bad part about ur new MP3/Cd player is that mp3 songs and cd's take FOREVER to load. Its rediculous especially when u got 150 to 200 songs on a cd and your looking for a particular track. You will be at your destination by the time u find it.   :angry:
Not necessarily. It depends on what HU you have. Alpines and pioneers are notorious for load time. My kenwood takes only a few seconds, maybe a second or 2 longer than reading a normal cd.[/b][/quote]
i stand corrected.

But does your kenwood have cute little dophins swimming accross the screen? :uh: :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Originally posted by lacontheframe+Jan 16 2004, 06:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lacontheframe @ Jan 16 2004, 06:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 08:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--lacontheframe
@Jan 12 2004, 05:15 PM
The bad part about ur new MP3/Cd player is that mp3 songs and cd's take FOREVER to load. Its rediculous especially when u got 150 to 200 songs on a cd and your looking for a particular track. You will be at your destination by the time u find it.   :angry:

Not necessarily. It depends on what HU you have. Alpines and pioneers are notorious for load time. My kenwood takes only a few seconds, maybe a second or 2 longer than reading a normal cd.
i stand corrected.

But does your kenwood have cute little dophins swimming accross the screen? :uh: :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
no.....

But close!!

One of the screensavers is an underwater scene :biggrin:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top