LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am building a gran prix and been working on the rear question is i extended the bottom trailing arms 1 inch put the drop mounts on top with adjustable uppers will a 14 inch cylinder lock up the rear or will i need bigger using a small coil about 3 turns on a 2 ton.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by NYC68droptop@Nov 30 2008, 02:38 PM~12295234
you should be able to lock up fully with the mods you did but you are going to need a slip yoke driveshaft.

he could move his lowers forward 12" or drop them 3" to avoid a slip w/14's ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by BENINLOU@Nov 30 2008, 02:42 PM~12295248
what will it pull out when i dump it all the way down

depends if u extended tha lowers back which im guessing that u did.
u will b able to lay it out so much b/4 tha driveline pulls out. lol...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
although a slip would b tha easies way if u dont have tha knowledge to cheat around it

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trying to get it right im thinking about taking the drop mounts off though.they just dont look right something about them looks weak to me

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
homie if u just wanna lock-up and drive on them 14's all u got to do is do 4-5" drop mounts for yr uppers/ stock uppers not extended/and a slip for tha drivshaft.
u sound like u dont even know what u want. lol...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by BENINLOU@Nov 30 2008, 03:59 PM~12295329
trying to get it right im thinking about taking the drop mounts off though.they just dont look right something about them looks weak to me

the drop mounts dont have to be super heavy duty over the top strong. they just need to be well built and study since they keep the axle centered. all the weight is on the axle and lowers... about the only time there is stress on the drop mounts is when you lock the car up and if youve over locked it you put stress on the bushing and bolt that holds it on the drop mount... i have almost a full stack of 2 ton coils in the rear of my regal. car lays stock height when dumped out. i get full extension on the cylinders.... ground to bumper when locked up is about 35 inches and my lowers are extended about 1.5 inches and the uppers are about the same and my drop mounts are roughtly 5 inches or so. i didnt measure when i did them, i just did them lol and i do also have a slip yoke from BMH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts