LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wires do I connect to the cap? I connected the one with the 3 wires and I connected the one with the 1 wire. There was still a space for another wire but I don't have any on the harness. I tried starting the engine up and I seen a spark and a little smoke. It looked like it came from the distributer so I think I may have hooked it up wrong.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
ya you did there only positive and negitive on a HEI and theres a hook-up for a RPM gauge...simple..I hooked up the positive to the Ingnition Key (sp) and you can find a good ground anywhere...

·
Registered
625 Posts
theres is the three wire jack that comes from the control mod in the dist and it plugs in towards the back. there are 2 other connections in front of the control mod jack. one is for the hot and it is usually the one closest to the fiewall and the other if for the tach. if you change the coil out there are either one or possibly two wires that go to the hold down screws of the coil itself for grounds. the cap itself should be labeled Tach / +.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, I think I had the hot and tach mixed up. I had the hot connected to the one closer to the engine, not the firewall. I hope I didn't mess anything up, but I have an extra distributer lying around so I should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts